Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Palace 1975, had to Google the score, we won 1-0

Wendy Wilkins

May 23, 2014
Hove
Swindon Town 1st Jan 1977. Our family had travelled up from Hove to Oxford for a party to see our extended family. Me n my brother persuaded our parents to allow us to get a bus rather than stay at the party. Incredibly they agreed as we were 'responsible' 15 and 11 year olds. As most of you will know the game was abandoned after 67 minutes with us 4 nil down

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Charlton 0 Brighton 4 (16 Oct 2010)

What a game that was. We ripped them apart, and the same with Peterborough 2 weeks later.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Luton 1970. 1-1. Malcolm McDonald scored a penalty. Brighton supporters turned his car over after the game. Seemed fair!

That was one corking day out. Flares going off. Punch-ups everywhere. Brighton took over the place as they did regularly at Luton in those days.
If I remember correctly, we made the National News due our shenanigans!
"...and if you pass, the Oak Road End,
you'll hear old Stocky say...Ohhhhhhhh,
I've got a luverly bunch of Luton ****s!"

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Stamford Bridge

Yeah that one,against palace

Or should I say Challis

Last edited:

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Crystal Palace in 1989. The game when Kelvin Morton awarded 5 penalties. What’s more I was standing in the Holmesdale End with the Palace fans!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
My first away game in the league was Chesterfield

Last game of the season,Brighton fans ran amok

We drew,so Mansfield won the league

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Bradford City away c1972. We went 2 0 down before Kit Napier pulled one back. We still lost and it caused Saward to drop Henderson and John Napier, move Bert Murray to right back and Goodwin to centre half. We then sped onto promotion.

It was my first trip up north and boarded up houses and shops together with the cobbled streets were a completely new experience for me.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Lincoln 1-3 Brighton. 18th March 2000

Sat in the front row as a young lad and 4 Lincoln fans got up to celebrate their goal only to be clobbered all over the place and saved by the stewards. Very lively away games in that stretch of years.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Spurs at the Lane in the old second division in the late 70’s!

Me too. 0-0 in front of an official attendance of 48,617 but i swear there were far more than that. Probably approaching 5 figure Albion there and the "shelf" looked like it was going to collapse under sheer weight of numbers.

All very overwhelming for an 8 year old...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury. Second game was the Final at Wembley.

As they were both neutral grounds, my first genuine away game was Peterborough in 1986.

Same here for the first two games. My mum wouldn't let me go to any earlier away games as apparently I was 'too young'! First 'genuine' away game would have been Watford away in the cup the following year.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Mine was Walsall back when Dinosaurs roamed freely around the land! we lost that I do remember (No we did not see below!!) and there was only about 5 of us there and we had the crap beaten out of us at Birmingham station by Sunderland fans they thought we were West Brom as thats who they played that day (this info might be wrong as well as regards the teams....we were very drunk and thats my only excuse for not remembering the details correctly!).........great day out though, well apart from the score (might have been 3..0?....(3...0 is correct except we won!!)

Opps.....i'm old!! just checked it was 1970 25th Feb and we WON 3...0 :lol:

I couldn't resist

WBA & Sunderland didn't play that day

Midweek game?

Possible candidates for dishing out shoeing are

Newcastle played at Chelsea that night

As did Darlington at Aldershot

Timings seem out,unless they never made the game

The only other game that night was

Leicester v PNE

I reckon it was Preston fans

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Me too. 0-0 in front of an official attendance of 48,617 but i swear there were far more than that. Probably approaching 5 figure Albion there and the "shelf" looked like it was going to collapse under sheer weight of numbers.

All very overwhelming for an 8 year old...

I bet it was

I was 14 at the time and remember not being able to see the match
Not unless I jumped up and down,which was nigh on impossible in the crush

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
1-1 draw at Cambridge in 97. I was only 6, never realised how important this run of games were until i was older.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here