Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you follow the models the basic output in terms of synoptics looks very promising. It's only when you drill into the detail that it becomes far less interesting.

There are a number of Northerly and Easterly periods showing, but the air involved is just not cold enough (at least away from the far north and altitude ).

Europe isn't cold enough to provide a truly cold feed, so I have to agree with [MENTION=7321]casbom[/MENTION] that down here it looks like this has come too late. Were we in early January I'm sure we'd see some snow, but any we DO see is unlikely to be what the snow lovers amongst us want.

Spring's on the way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you follow the models the basic output in terms of synoptics looks very promising. It's only when you drill into the detail that it becomes far less interesting.

There are a number of Northerly and Easterly periods showing, but the air involved is just not cold enough (at least away from the far north and altitude ).

Europe isn't cold enough to provide a truly cold feed, so I have to agree with [MENTION=7321]casbom[/MENTION] that down here it looks like this has come too late. Were we in early January I'm sure we'd see some snow, but any we DO see is unlikely to be what the snow lovers amongst us want.

Spring's on the way.

See post 10368

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I seem to recall a particularly snow Easter, must be mid 70's, lots of snow and sledging, proper snow then Unc not just a few squally wintery showers either .....

We can get snow quite late in the spring, and we do from time to time.

Examples

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1584210/April-snow-worst-for-two-decades.html early April 2008

And a youtube video of the same event for Worthing

However, there's just not enough cold air about at the moment ... at the moment.

It can change,

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Papa, I had hoped you would know what year this was that I recall, it was quite a snow event for the time of year .......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Spring's on the way.

I thought we had Spring in January judging by the daffy in my back garden

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Spring's on the way.

I thought we had Spring in January judging by the daffy in my back garden

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The Mirror ( I know, joke paper) is forecasting a very cold Easter with snow all over Papa?

Chance or no chance

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can I just say it is utterly miserable and horrible over here in Margate this evening.

That's not a comment on any upcoming weather, just a statement of fact.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Snowing hard in Leeds. A good couple of cm on the ground already.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
@papa much be on holiday....

where are all the weather gurus when you need them....

The current output shows a cold week to come, with the potential to see some wintry precipitation. Nothing special though, with 850hpa temps not really cold enough for any proper fun. Friday gives us down here our best chance. Further North will probably do quite well:

graphe_ens3_bhn8.gif

Easter is too far off to really comment

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The current output shows a cold week to come, with the potential to see some wintry precipitation. Nothing special though, with 850hpa temps not really cold enough for any proper fun. Friday gives us down here our best chance. Further North will probably do quite well:

graphe_ens3_bhn8.gif

Easter is too far off to really comment

Papa, wife is off to centre parks in Woburn on Friday, whats it looking like there for Friday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here