Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would expect that selling Dunk will turn our FFP loss into a profit in one fell-swoop, leaving us with Goldson and Duffy at CB. So I'm not over-worried

I think we'll lose ALL our best players if we fail to go up. Best not think about it. FFP will not be a concern.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We have not made a FFP loss yet and we are going up and will make a small profit in our first season back in the big time....relax.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Loss of £25m, can have up to £39m over 3 years, but it is fair to say if we don't go up this year we may have to sell a few.
The £25 million includes depreciation on the cost of the stadium - money that Tony spent over 5 years ago !

It's not relevant for FFP.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
I worried about finance when we played at Gillingham,now i dont give a shit.The days of us passing the bucket around and putting a few quid have gone.Trust in Tony

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I would expect that selling Dunk will turn our FFP loss into a profit in one fell-swoop, leaving us with Goldson and Duffy at CB. So I'm not over-worried

Ha.

Not just dunk We'd lose

- knockaert (12m)
- Stephens (free)
- dunk (15m)
- March (10m)

And possibly kayal and Duffy (10m total)

We'd collect around 50m for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ha.

Not just dunk We'd lose

- knockaert (12m)
- Stephens (free)
- dunk (15m)
- March (10m)

Reckon that's pessimistic for Dunk. If Villa are turning down bids of £25m for Amavi, then I reckon bids would start at around £20m, particularly given the premium for English players.

On the other hand, I think you're being optimistic on the others, Knockaert had no bidders in the PL last season (which is why he went to Belgium) and I'd be surprised if we got more than £10m for him and March is nowhere near £10m at the moment. Can't see many bids coming in for Kayal. He's 30 next year, has had two long term injuries and has a few years left on his contract - clubs would want him but not pay big bucks.

Don't forget the compensation for CH when he goes.

Think this will be Hughton's last job in football. I hope he stays with us for years but if not, can't see many Prem teams wanting him: he's been sacked twice by lower table clubs and, while we may like him, I reckon the general view from outside is: good Championship manager, can't cut it in the PL.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ha.

Not just dunk We'd lose

- knockaert (12m)
- Stephens (free)
- dunk (15m)
- March (10m)

Yeah, my point was more that I wasn't worried about the FFP loss, which was the original discussion, nor that we'd have to sell loads of players to cover FFP losses, one would be enough.

Obviously Stephens would be gone, there would be bids for Knockaert and Duffy too no doubt. March we would probably hang on to as after those too we wouldn't have to sell. Kayal has just signed a new contract and Murray may want to stay regardless.

This is all a completely hypothetical discussion though as we're going up this year :)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I figured the 12m for knockaert was based on what newcastle were allegedly willing to shell out for him in the summer. A fine example of insanity hitting the transfer market. Moussa dembele going to celtic from fulham for 500k in the summer window and now being touted around premier league clubs for 30 million being another such example. No premier league clubs wanted him 6 months ago

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Wheres the faith once we get into the Prem AND don't do anything silly we will be ok. Just don't set your expectations that you think we will sign mega players. Enjoy what we have.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wheres the faith once we get into the Prem AND don't do anything silly we will be ok. Just don't set your expectations that you think we will sign mega players. Enjoy what we have.

Good manager and a chairman who is evidently a very smart businessman and loves the club, both surrounded by good, experienced teams. We've got a good chance of making a very decent fist of it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ha.

Not just dunk We'd lose

- knockaert (12m)
- Stephens (free)
- dunk (15m)
- March (10m)

Disagree.

We would lose Dunk and Stephens.

FFP will be sorted with the Dunk millions, and we would try again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Disagree.

We would lose Dunk and Stephens.

FFP will be sorted with the Dunk millions, and we would try again.
This. Our management will get top dollar for any players sold; the recruitment team will bring in good replacements, as they've demonstrated in the past 2 years.

It's obvious if we don't go up this year, we will lose Stephens, as he is out of contract. But we should be able to keep hold of Kayal, Sidwell and Norwood. Dunk may be sold off, but not to Palarse, and that should recoup £10-15 million. We may well lose another key player like Knockeart too, but that has to be worth £10 million, and that wipes out our loss from last season. I really don't think we need to worry about it.

Hughton is a man of integrity. He has done a great job at the club, along with Bloom. He gets quality players in, and that shows. So replacements will join the club. He seems determined to get this club up and prove to everyone what a great manager her is in the PL league. Our biggest challenge will be holding on to him in the summer if we don't go up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here