Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Losing to little ole Brighton could be the demise of the MASSIVE TOON ARMY. We win and all the talk on Sky is about Newcastle and not our great away performance. So, see ya Sky and the Spanish waiter **** these so called massive clubs they are wankers! :shrug:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dunk and Duffy's best game for us since their partnership began IMO.

Must be considered one of the best centre-backs partnerships in the league now. Wall is an understatement

If I have another child I'm going to call him/her Duncan Duffy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Losing to little ole Brighton could be the demise of the MASSIVE TOON ARMY. We win and all the talk on Sky is about Newcastle and not our great away performance. So, see ya Sky and the Spanish waiter **** these so called massive clubs they are wankers! :shrug:

#undertheradar

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let’s not lose sight of the big :smile: picture:

ABFD0EC6-C6B8-470D-9763-534AF4268C3D.png

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I'm of the opinion that we managed that game superbly.
Given the pressure Newcastle were under to get a home win they were always gonna throw the kitchen sink at us.
True we squecked a goal.....but the manner in which we defended and held on and kinda should have scored at the end. Our defense from Locardia and March through Kayal and Stephens to the impregnitable Duffy,Dunk,Ryan was a masterclass of doing the business away from home when you're not a Man City or a Liverpool.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm of the opinion that we managed that game superbly.
Given the pressure Newcastle were under to get a home win they were always gonna throw the kitchen sink at us.
True we squecked a goal.....but the manner in which we defended and held on and kinda should have scored at the end. Our defense from Locardia and March through Kayal and Stephens to the impregnitable Duffy,Dunk,Ryan was a masterclass of doing the business away from home when you're not a Man City or a Liverpool.

I love it when we squeck a goal. :wink:
They're the best ones.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I actually feel slightly sorry for Rafa. He's on a hiding to nothing there. The Toon fans are all turning on Ashley, not Benitez.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who would you have dropped to fit him in ?

Bernardo. He worries me.

The stream I watched kept on mentioning the space he was leaving. I saw him at Watford. Montoya is a better player IMHO.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Too early to judge Bernado. We've barely seen him play.

True but what I have seen of both players, I think Montoya is better.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Ryan Dunk & Duffy share MOTM for me , all three outstanding and the difference between a win and less

Tough battle , lot of tackles that were judged a foul which were probably harsh to say the least (by both teams) , they did better with their free kicks into the box than us which was disappointing but I can only remember 2 clear cut chances they had which Ryan dealt with as the rest either got blocked or never got near the danger zone.

The injury clearly upset our players & our game plan but I thought we did OK but could have done so much better especially after the goal when they looked ripe for the taking. Second half we didnt get forward anywhere near enough to take the pressure of the defence and I admit we were maybe a bit lucky Newcastle could not hit a barn door 99/100 times.

Not the best performance but a winning one away from home will do me. March did OK but not a patch on previously this season , Locadia did his best with little to no supply & Izzy was best offensive player on the pitch just a shame our midfield could not find some defence splitting passes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here