Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bournemouth can be useful at dishing it out, it be interesting to see which way the referee reacts in this game

Bournemouth normally adopted the Watford rotation system on Wilf, so it will be interesting.
I actually think Deeney saying what he did will help the flair players, but it’s no surprise is it, Leeds in the 70’s invented it .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Benitez actually praised Mariners experience, but Zaha. criticised Taylor for the incident at Watford but didn't mention him by name and that's ok. I still don't get it

Everyone has condemned that “tackle” by Capoue, but apparently it’s a mans game and you should just get on with it .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One Man's Game.

Get better players who can also hurt the opposition and the problem disappears.
palace created this situation, only palace can stop it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I love the way your fans reacted to that they are talking as if every team is going to do it just because Watford did it. They haven't got the brains to realise that different teams are going to have different ways of dealing with him.

What’s the Brighton way of dealing with him ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Absolutely but that doesn't mean everyone stops him by intentionally fouling him.

Especially when he goes to the ground so often of his own accord and then claims a foul.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Bournemouth normally adopted the Watford rotation system on Wilf, so it will be interesting.
I actually think Deeney saying what he did will help the flair players, but it’s no surprise is it, Leeds in the 70’s invented it .

We know this goes on and hopefully the referees will be more aware of it now . World class players need protection .

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Everyone has condemned that “tackle” by Capoue, but apparently it’s a mans game and you should just get on with it .

I agree it was an intentional bad tackle and he should have been sent off. My issue is Haha can crtiticise all referees and that's ok, Benitez comments about one referee and he is on a charge!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
What’s the Brighton way of dealing with him ?

That's a silly question. We both know we don't deal with him. Last season though at the AMEX he built the game up so much that even he couldn't live up to expectation. Then he destroyed us at your place.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That's a silly question. We both know we don't deal with him. Last season though at the AMEX he built the game up so much that even he couldn't live up to expectation. Then he destroyed us at your place.

You said different teams have different ways of dealing with him so that begged my question to you . It wasn’t silly was it .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Especially when he goes to the ground so often of his own accord and then claims a foul.

Yep he's his own worst enemy sometimes. I also think part of his problem is he has admitted that he looses his head sometimes and that seems to be he's biggest weakness.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You said different teams have different ways of dealing with him so that begged my question to you . It wasn’t silly was it .

As i said we both know that we don't deal with zaha. Do your think that every teams plan is to go out and intentionally foul him?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Benitez actually praised Mariners experience, but Zaha. criticised Taylor for the incident at Watford but didn't mention him by name and that's ok. I still don't get it

Benitez broke a specific rule, introduced in August 2009, banning managers from commenting pre-match on the match officials.

What rule has Zaha broken?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Benitez broke a specific rule, introduced in August 2009, banning managers from commenting pre-match on the match officials.

What rule has Zaha broken?
Under the FA rules for respect to referees from players I quote

Challenging:
• Passing comment to other players about a referee’s decision-making.
• Repeatedly moaning at the referee about decisions.
• Gestures that obviously are made in a derogatory manner, such as a shaking of the head or waving of the hand.

You take your pick

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
World class players have not been critical of referees only Haha

Numerous managers, FA, FIFA, UEFA, ex-referees, players have all called for match officials to protect players.

Diving is cheating, can spoil a game and unfairly affect a result, dangerous tackles are all of that and can end a player’s career - which is worse?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Numerous managers, FA, FIFA, UEFA, ex-referees, players have all called for match officials to protect players.

Diving is cheating, can spoil a game and unfairly affect a result, dangerous tackles are all of that and can end a player’s career - which is worse?
You don't do sarcasm then?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Some Palarse fans calling for the FA to give Deeney an award for highlighting the 'issue':facepalm:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

...and Crystal Palace, in late 2017, continued the trend, as you know only too well, [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] - Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon: Crystal Palace duo out for rest of season

Dann's tackle deserved a yellow, Puncheon's should have been a red.
I don't think either tackle was a deliberate attempt to end De Bruyne's career, the first was cynical, the second was a badly timed cynical tackle.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here