Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] First Marathon in the UK around a Premiership Football Club - THE AMEX !!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Superb.

Only 140 places? What Chance a marathon novice to get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll sell out very, very quickly I reckon.......STE have enough ‘regulars’ for their daft events to fill this up without advertising it any further than their facebook page (they filled up a marathon on Southend Pier in March) If you want to do it, register now with SI Entries and get in as soon as it opens. Being a novice is irrelevant......those logging on first with a valid credit card will get the places !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I watched this. It looked beyond bonkers. Carpark is now demolished so never again will it be run.

I'm not sure which is more boring - running up and down a car park 75 times or watching people run up and down a car park 75 times ! Anyway, I'm off to watch my lawn grow.

What do you think? [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Only 69 entrants so far. I have entered but can’t really get excited about running 52 laps around The Amex. Marathon 183 for me on Sunday - Bacchus. Now that is a decent marathon. Vest, medal, barbecue, wine, wine, wine, great course, enthusiastic Marshall’s, proper feed stations & an interesting course!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only 69 entrants so far. I have entered but can’t really get excited about running 52 laps around The Amex. Marathon 183 for me on Sunday - Bacchus. Now that is a decent marathon. Vest, medal, barbecue, wine, wine, wine, great course, enthusiastic Marshall’s, proper feed stations & an interesting course!

Farnham Pilgrim this weekend. One of my absolute favourites........not really fit enough at the moment but don’t want to miss it.

Was involved in a thread about the Bacchus the other day. Cut-offs are very tight given the nature of the event.

Farnham Pilgrim this weekend. One of my absolute favourites........not really fit enough at the moment but don’t want to miss it.

Was involved in a thread about the Bacchus the other day. Cut-offs are very tight given the nature of the event.

I have done Bacchus marathon a few times & to think in the first year there was only 35 of us! It’s grown to be a big event & in recent years some entrants stagger round getting sloshed so the organisers have put a 2 1/2 hour limit on the first lap (half marathon) - quite testing given the terrain. So long as entrants are getting round & not drinking pints of wine for 20 minutes at the stops they will be ok for the marathon.

Good luck at Farnham - another great event

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have done Bacchus marathon a few times & to think in the first year there was only 35 of us! It’s grown to be a big event & in recent years some entrants stagger round getting sloshed so the organisers have put a 2 1/2 hour limit on the first lap (half marathon) - quite testing given the terrain. So long as entrants are getting round & not drinking pints of wine for 20 minutes at the stops they will be ok for the marathon.

Good luck at Farnham - another great event

2.20 first half, 5hr marathon.........[emoji16][emoji16]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here