Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So........ Drum at the Amex????

DRUm at the Amex to get the atmosphere up?

• Hell YEAH lets get it rocking!

Votes: 154 50.0%
  • Over my Dead body... NO!

Votes: 154 50.0%

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Goal music would trigger me cancelling ST's for the whole family.

Agree.

I'm running butt naked across the pitch with my ST card firmly planted in my crack before farting it out in front of Chris and the bench if this happens!

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Agree.

I'm running butt naked across the pitch with my ST card firmly planted in my crack before farting it out in front of Chris and the bench if this happens!

Think I`ve just changed my mind.....Bang that drum!!!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Agree.

I'm running butt naked across the pitch with my ST card firmly planted in my crack before farting it out in front of Chris and the bench if this happens

Ooo, perhaps you could do a duet performance with that nice Katie Hopkins woman?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Utterly tinpot idea. Who do we think we are? Portsmouth?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Voted no but would not be averse if the drummer was on a par with the one at Boro. But a spotty oik with one stick bashing aimlessly away on a drum is very naff.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've always wanted a drum....

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
No drum or goal music whilst Martin Perry is at club as he said 'over my dead body' totally agree with him. My Palace mates hate the drummer as they think it's embarrassing. Get a drum and you will stop me and others going. Think If there was a vote, the no drum would win, I bloody hope. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No drum or goal music whilst Martin Perry is at club as he said 'over my dead body' totally agree with him. My Palace mates hate the drummer as they think it's embarrassing. Get a drum and you will stop me and others going. Think If there was a vote, the no drum would win, I bloody hope. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goal music i accept.....drum? have you never banged the back of a stand anywhere home or away with your hands and feet,the seats even,perhaps? to replicate the sound of a drum? my rant over too :lolol:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Drum machine programmed by Norman with all the songs preprogrammed for the whole match with song lyrics prin...no sorry I've been drinking

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Been torn since the weekend.

Go to somewhere like Reading on a Tuesday night with the ground half full, and it's annoying & sounds desperate. The Huddersfield lads tried hard too, but I thought they killed the atmosphere a bit by banging randomly every time anybody in the Albion contingent tried to get any songs started.

I also think it depends massively on the drummer, as [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] says, you need to know when to get on it, and when to shut up. That takes somebody with the ability to spot the right moment, as well as the ability to actually pick the right rhythm and hit the thing in time. Saturday was a great atmosphere, but we've all seen televised games from the Riverside this season. They haven't all been like that, not by a long shot.

I'd be interested to see what happened if we could find somebody good enough. It's still a million miles away from goal music IMHO. That should never happen (and I think the Albion have long said it wouldn't).

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Let's give it a go and see if it helps.
At the risk of going over old ground, the problem in the North isn't so much groups that deliberately compete, it's just the hardcore singers and song leaders are not grouped together. If they were all in the middle of the North, we'd all be singing one song at a time and making a MUCH better noise.
If a drummer - or a bloke with a megaphone - or a team of people in gorilla suits playing triangles - helps keep people together and singing as one, let's get on with it.
:banana: :banana:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
although the atmosphere has improved immensely in the last few home games, I am all for something that will only continue to make it louder and more hostile, if a drum does that then I am in the yes camp

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Rather have a drum than clackers as long as its in the north far away from me.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I do enoy the fact we are quite happy to have someone bang the back of a stand to get an atmosphere going but as soon as the thought of using a drum for exactly the same - and arguably better - effect comes along people go crazy with rage

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
The atmosphere is just for the fans . When anyone plays at home they players say 'the fans are the 12 man' yet when they play away they say 'we are professionals it does not affect us'. Boro didn't win on Saturday because they had a drum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here