Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Whats the most BORING thing you have ever bought online ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do you have a freaky mouth with 50 teeth or something? Toothpaste costs about £3 and a tube lasts well over a month in our house for two of us as little'un is still on kiddie toothpaste.

Why on earth buy it in bulk??!!

Ah. Now then, I could choose to ignore this request for an explanation, or lie, or tell the truth and thus reveal something about my psyche. To hell with it, it's option 3.

It's because there was a perfect storm of two things:

1) I really don't like running out of things. Take teabags. I buy in massive bulk (Yorkshire teabags for hard water, thanks for asking) and then keep about 20 in my little caddy near the mugs, about 200 in a bag in the back of the pantry, and about 2000 in the bag they came in in the loft (think eaves cupboard rather than a space you need a ladder to get too). Similarly with toothpaste - I keep the one I'm using on the basin, two in the bathroom cabinet, and the rest in the loft.

2) I'm a sucker for massive bargains - especially for things that are non-perishable (or close to it). The offer was a combination of a buy 2, get three; AND a BOGOF rolled into one. Only instead of single tubes it was for packs of 10. So - I bought two boxes of 10 tubes, and got six boxes of 10.

Glad you asked? It's ok, my partner thinks I'm mad too.

i recently "won" some old 100w lightbulbs on ebay for 10p! when the seller realised it was going to cost them like a fiver to post it they apologised and credited my paypal account with £4 as it was cheaper for them to do that :) My sister for a while was queen of bargains and regularly took delivery of packets of screws, drill bits, cigarette lighters, plastic combs etc etc and never paid more than 10p for any of it. Monthly car boot sale soon got rid...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just bought a portable camping shower.

And now adverts for portable camping showers are following be around the Internet. I really don't need two.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ah. Now then, I could choose to ignore this request for an explanation, or lie, or tell the truth and thus reveal something about my psyche. To hell with it, it's option 3.

It's because there was a perfect storm of two things:

1) I really don't like running out of things. Take teabags. I buy in massive bulk (Yorkshire teabags for hard water, thanks for asking) and then keep about 20 in my little caddy near the mugs, about 200 in a bag in the back of the pantry, and about 2000 in the bag they came in in the loft (think eaves cupboard rather than a space you need a ladder to get too). Similarly with toothpaste - I keep the one I'm using on the basin, two in the bathroom cabinet, and the rest in the loft.

2) I'm a sucker for massive bargains - especially for things that are non-perishable (or close to it). The offer was a combination of a buy 2, get three; AND a BOGOF rolled into one. Only instead of single tubes it was for packs of 10. So - I bought two boxes of 10 tubes, and got six boxes of 10.

Glad you asked? It's ok, my partner thinks I'm mad too.

So, you bought 60 tubes of toothpaste? There's no good way to dress that one up mate. [emoji23]

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
A plastic plunger for the fridge to unblock the drain hole was a recent one, also a replacement handle for the patio door that I purchased 2 of, just in case it broke again.

I just got rid of the second one as we had the door replaced about 18 months ago.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
just bought a watering can !

Bought one through Amazon, lasted three years until the handle snapped.

That exchange is either:

1. The dullest thing I have ever read on NSC (or indeed anywhere), or

2. A perfectly constructed piece of a pathos-laden dialogue that even Alan Bennet at his most sublime couldn't better.

I haven't decided which yet, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That exchange is either:

1. The dullest thing I have ever read on NSC (or indeed anywhere), or

2. A perfectly constructed piece of a pathos-laden dialogue that even Alan Bennet at his most sublime couldn't better.

I haven't decided which yet, but I'm leaning toward the latter.
I'm reminded of.....
1997fc0d562a6ccec0e37284576a0bbf.jpg

Best thing I have bought recently were some heat resistant place mats from Amazon, really good and you can rinse them under the tap and possible clean in the washing machine.

...Could this be the new "...Bell Cheeses at work...." thread??

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just ordered some coat hangers on Amazon. FML.

Yep, been there, done that.

I think it was topped by some little sticky rubber things for your desk/bedside table which you can run a cable through, but will stop it from sliding back towards the plug and vanishing behind the furniture. I don't even know what they are called.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, been there, done that.

I think it was topped by some little sticky rubber things for your desk/bedside table which you can run a cable through, but will stop it from sliding back towards the plug and vanishing behind the furniture. I don't even know what they are called.
Grommets [emoji106]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here