Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm chilled with this.

We'll sign 'the numbers we need' (copyright, Chris Hughton) before the deadline. And I won't have heard of any of the players, so why worry about it or attempt to search them out?

Indeed, that's what has happened in the last few close seasons, why should things be any different this time around?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
So if we go with the idea that the albion want 4 more signings, then this could be :

- Moore / O'Connell etc.

- Bernardo

- Tau

- Jahanbakhsh or another winger

Presumably Krul falls outside of this 4, as he'd hardly be a new signing as such, but if he doesn't sign we'll need 1 more than 4.

we need a top quality CM to challenge the other 3.
Cant see Hemed OR Baldock staying...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So if we go with the idea that the albion want 4 more signings, then this could be :

- Moore / O'Connell etc.

- Bernardo

- Tau

Presumably Krul falls outside of this 4, as he'd hardly be a new signing as such, but if he doesn't sign we'll need 1 more than 4.

We seem very keen to get a HGP central defender. Along with a HGP 2nd keeper this probably allows Baldock to move on, leaving Hemed to stay in the 25.

Plus a centre mid, and sell Hemed, Baldock & Skalak.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

- Moore / O'Connell etc.

- Bernardo

- Tau

we need a top quality CM to challenge the other 3.
Cant see Hemed OR Baldock staying...
I'm just going with the theory that we want just 4 signings.

We could push it a bit and call Tau a winger, and the Skalak replacement, which the only realistic way also to include a CM in the 4 as Hughton always goes with 9 defenders in the squad.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm just going with the theory that we want just 4 signings.

We could push it a bit and call Tau a winger, and the Skalak replacement, which the only realistic way also to include a CM in the 4 as Hughton always goes with 9 defenders in the squad.

Tau is a playmaker/no 10 type and cover for Pascal Gross. Iranian Ali is the winger for Skalak. Moore is replacement for Goldsone, Bernardo is replacement for Rosenior, and that still leaves us needing a replacement for Sidwell AND a new keeper making it 6 signings..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Tau is a playmaker/no 10 type and cover for Pascal Gross. Iranian Ali is the winger for Skalak. Moore is replacement for Goldsone, Bernardo is replacement for Rosenior, and that still leaves us needing a replacement for Sidwell AND a new keeper making it 6 signings..

On this basis and thinking of the 25 for Jan- end of season then:
1.Tau/#10 would replace Baldock
2.Moore / CB - Goldson
3.Bernado / FB / Wing Back - Rosenior
4.Powell/ CM - Sidwell/Ulloa - Attacking Midfielder
5.GK #2 - Krul
6.Winger - Skalak

Assuming that :
1. Andone - Hemed
2. Steele - Maenpaa
3. Balogun - Uwe

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've also noticed Hughton's way of objectifying players. Another favourite is when asked about a particular player, he will say "that is one we are looking at bringing in". Followed by the usual caveats about how difficult it is signing players. I love that man.

He does do that. As well as consistently mispronouncing 'Any'
I enjoy his calm but eccentric style.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What is the future for Skalkak surely not required for our 25 man squad.

He is still under contract and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to move on, so unless someone else makes a bid, the only way we can part company is if the club agree to pay off the remainder of his contract.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Jack Wilshere is up for grabs. Palace and West Ham "linked' as interested parties, along with Fenerbahce.

Could do a job?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jack Wilshere is up for grabs. Palace and West Ham "linked' as interested parties, along with Fenerbahce.

Could do a job?

He could certainly do a job but wages way out of our league

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know that.
You know that.
But someone really ought to tell the fella attempting to look round corners.

You're getting very naughty now. You're reminding me of the little weasel who used to bang on about 'Dick Tight'...:rolleyes:.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here