Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I really like the look of this guy.
And according to transfer market he's not even worth £7m and averages nearly 1 goal in every 2 games.
Yes please!!!!!

Looks like he'd be a steal at that price. According to [MENTION=992]¡Cereal Killer![/MENTION] he has a £6,000,000 buy out clause.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
For me we need extra pace and creativity. Who do we have who is an outstanding passer of a football? We need a couple who can play in the middle of the park and spot a pass. Mooy can do it from deep, improvement on Norwood and Cairney can do it in more of a no.10 role if we play 4-2-3-1. I'm not saying we should sign those 2 but something similar. Extra pace needed out wide and upfront, also possibly at full back but less concerned about that. Lots of names, too many to go through. If we play 4-2-3-1 I think we're short 5 players of a starting team to really compete. One full back upgrade, someone alongside Stephens, one out wide, no.10 and striker. Could get away with 4 really good players and compete to stay up.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally the thread is really cooking.
That's pretty appalling music for Bruma [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION], so another tick in the box.

I wonder what Vydra's buy out clause is. :lolol: :facepalm: :lolol:

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
George Friend ( 5 million ? )
Loftus-Cheek ( Loan )
Aaron Mooy ( Loan )
Tammy Abraham ( Loan )
Shane Long ( 9 Million ? )

3 loans 2 buys.

Maybe another wide man, right footed.

Re-sign Stockdale, Stephens, Bong.

Business Concluded. easy peasy.

Congratulations on going up. Hell of a lot harder than the last time we went up. Helps a if you can score like.

Friend - Season before last we turned down 8m plus add ons from WBA when in the championship. Before the tv money became more daft and he has just signed a 4 year deal last summer. Think it would take 10m + for the fans favourite even at 29 now.

If you could get him Callum chambers on loan, he has been amazing at cb, almost on par with Ben Gibson who has really kicked on.. Really surprised me how good both have been. Ayala was quality in the championship, one of the top 2 or 3 centre halfs, isn't premier league standard. That's the huge gulf playing premier league football week in week out. Same goes for the likes of Clayton etc. One of the best players as defensive midfielder in championship, just ain't premier league quality. Gulf is bigger than it has ever been. Good luck, it can be done, look at Burnley. But have still just scraped it even with a dream home record that they won't be able to re create next year.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
For me we need extra pace and creativity. Who do we have who is an outstanding passer of a football? We need a couple who can play in the middle of the park and spot a pass. Mooy can do it from deep, improvement on Norwood and Cairney can do it in more of a no.10 role if we play 4-2-3-1. I'm not saying we should sign those 2 but something similar. Extra pace needed out wide and upfront, also possibly at full back but less concerned about that. Lots of names, too many to go through. If we play 4-2-3-1 I think we're short 5 players of a starting team to really compete. One full back upgrade, someone alongside Stephens, one out wide, no.10 and striker. Could get away with 4 really good players and compete to stay up.

Great post. I couldn't agree more.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Helps if you can score like.

If you could get him Callum chambers on loan, he has been amazing at cb, almost on par with Ben Gibson who has really kicked on.. Really surprised me how good both have been. Ayala was quality in the championship, one of the top 2 or 3 centre halfs, isn't premier league standard. That's the huge gulf playing premier league football week in week out. Same goes for the likes of Clayton etc. One of the best players as defensive midfielder in championship, just ain't premier league quality.

Are you being hard on Clayton & Ayala?

As you know, according to goals conceded, you have the 10th best defence in the Premier League (well done on this).

Obviously Boro is a great place to go defender shopping should we need some!

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
I feel that John Terry would be a signing like Ferdinand was for QPR a few seasons ago... there are better options out there i am sure.

I would like to see Borja Baston signed on loan, I think he's an underrated striker who after a poor season could shine if used correctly... although im not sure whether he or Swansea would be happy to send him out.

Campbell would be a nice addition, and I think that Abraham could suprise a few in the premier league.

Not so keen on Wood or Cairney, I can imagine a hefty price.

Odds on an Ulloa loan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham United want to sign Brazilian winger Jonathan Cafu, 25, who has a release clause of £10.2m in his contract with Bulgarian side Ludogorets Razgrad. (Daily Express)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here