Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Far from it as I dont have sufficient information to form an opinion on whether or not it was rape or consensual sex, very thin line. I just quoted what most of the anti's are suggesting, with or without foundation.

I just see him as a man who has been found guilty if a crime, served his designated punishment wishing to work at what he knows best. If he was a garage mechanic his old garage perhaps wouldnt re -employ but some garage may.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Far from it as I dont have sufficient information to form an opinion on whether or not it was rape or consensual sex, very thin line. I just quoted what most of the anti's are suggesting, with or without foundation.

No, you didn't, you can't have only quoted what the antis are suggesting because, as mentioned earlier, this is a line only being trotted out by Ched's supporters. By the very nature of the argument that she had too much alcohol/drugs in her system to consent, they can't be arguing she is completely innocent.

The anti's argument is that even drunk women/not so innocent people have the right to not be raped.

I just see him as a man who has been found guilty if a crime, served his designated punishment wishing to work at what he knows best. If he was a garage mechanic his old garage perhaps wouldnt re -employ but some garage may.

He hasn't finished serving his designated punishment, he is just not serving the remaining punishment in prison.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So on that assumption anybody who drinks to excess cannot be classed as morally innocent.

I don't know, what else are Ched's supporters meaning when they claim she isn't so innocent/sarcastically refer to her as little miss/sweet and innocent?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He has as decided by the legal system subject to future adherence to the law.

He's not still signing the sex offender's register? He's not just out on licence? When did that change? His sentence was for five years, he is out of prison, but that sentence still applies.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perhaps they have a greater knowledge of the girl than has been allowed to be published. All will be revealed in due course.

If that's the case would have thought his highly paid expert defence team might have got hold of it when preparing his defence or two appeals so far

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has there been a suggestion of 'new evidence' then? Is the basis of the latest appeal attempt, that there was a technical error on the judge's part, in his summing up?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I was under the impression that it was a case review by an independent panel. All they can do is look at all the case files and then decide if they can send it back to the appeal court. This is not an appeal, it's a review body.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could be a compulsive liar or fantasist. May have said different to a friend but this is all conjecture until the new evidence is presented to the legal authorities.

And that means she deserves to get raped?

No of course not. And I'm sure you don't mean that either, but it is where that stupid "she's not so innocent/little miss innocent" line leads. By trying to suggest she isn't so innocent the argument goes along the path it just did. Her innocence or lack there of is not a justification for him raping her. When Ched's supporters bring it up, that is the only way it goes.

If she lied and actually remembers consenting, if she has a history of lying, false claims, the argument isn't "well she's hardly innocent, is she!" the argument is "I don't believe her", focus on that if you believe it.

Leave the discussion of her innocence or lack there of alone, it only makes it seem like you are suggesting she deserves being raped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here