Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most Coventry fans think they're going to get absolutely battered on Saturday

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hope we've learnt from last season, Coventry will be up for this as we would be if it were us in league 2.

Lets not piss around this time, the biggest cup game in 32 years could be ours.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Coventry still had tickets available in the away end yesterday.

Good call by Paul Barber not to give them ESU or WSU as well, and to sell tickets in those areas to albion fans instead.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Coventry Fans obviously know how to play the game." We have no chance, 0-6, they'll score 4, etc etc."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Coventry still had tickets available in the away end yesterday.

Good call by Paul Barber not to give them ESU or WSU as well, and to sell tickets in those areas to albion fans instead.

Really, thought they sold out in 3 hours

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Really, thought they sold out in 3 hours
Indeed. But they then had a 2nd batch of 300 tickets ( returns ? ) that they haven't been able to fully shift, despite advertising availability.

Any Coventry fan could ( as of yesterday, not sure about today ) have bought an away ticket.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am pretty confident we will win this tomorrow- then onto one of the big four remainers. One things for certain- both sets of fans will be well up for it as cup fever peaks.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
An army of loud fans behind the goal, biggest game of the season for them. Obviously the players have had this game in their minds recently, so a drop off in league form was bound to happen. They know they can be headline news & bring some glory back to Cov', it's also what the media are waiting to write about.
All the pressure on us.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Brighton 0 Walton 4, Brighton 0 Leatherhead 1. Anything can happen

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Indeed. But they then had a 2nd batch of 300 tickets ( returns ? ) that they haven't been able to fully shift, despite advertising availability.

Any Coventry fan could ( as of yesterday, not sure about today ) have bought an away ticket.

Really? A Coventry supporting close mate of mine had to bust a gut to get anywhere near securing a ticket. Ended up paying well over face value to get one. If the above is true he will be royally ****ed off to hear this.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The only problem is that the team we put out will not be used to playing together, unlike Premier games, which is what happened at Lincoln. However, the squad is much better now and should not fail.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'd imagine a tight first half hour, maybe even goalless at half time, and then us gradually imposing ourselves and winning 2-0. But if Coventry score first (penalty, free kick, freak goal) who knows what might happen.

I don't predict a cricket score as I'd imagine our players will ease off if we establish a two-goal lead.

Looking forward to it and actually hope Coventry give us a good game, and maybe even a few scares. But with our resources ... of course we should win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here