Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Discovered a Musical Artist you Like as a Result of them Dying?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The recent deaths of Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington touched many people while many others were unfamiliar with them or their music. Has the reported death of an artist ever prompted you to explore their music whereupon you discovered you actually liked it and added them to your collection or listening habits?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, my knowledge and interest in David Bowie had gone as far as his singles, but after he died I started listening to his albums. What an incredible artist!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
jimmy-savile-the-bossa-nova-decca-2.jpg

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Manic Street Preachers, I don't think I'd heard of them before Richie Edwards vanished : 0 (

Sorry to admit I've never heard of Chester Bennington ... rest in peace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Joy Division. Rather meh droney group wth Jim Morrison wannabe singer . . . . then I gave them another listen. The live album won me over.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Winehouse. Although I nearly bought Frank on vinyl when it was released but made the wrong decision and spent my moolah on Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned instead

A lot of people who would have laughed if you'd asked them if they liked Linkin Park on Wednesday seem to have suddenly become massive fans

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Kind of fitting that through my love of Linkin Park that I stumbled across this beauty of a duet with Chris Cornell. Cracking tune.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've often wondered who Ian Curtis nicked his dance moves from

Story has it he was having fits on stage but I never blieved it.

I found and downloaded the entire album by Warsaw recently. Quite punky, some protoversions of JD songs, and IC singing in a higher register. Indeed, a five second search and here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Te60uSCSQA

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Story has it he was having fits on stage but I never blieved it.

He suffered from epilepsy and occasionally did have fits on stage, when the gig had to be abandoned. Most people in the audience would initially think it was part of his strange dance routine/stage act, but it actually wasn't.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Beethoven.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here