Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yet Momentum has a clear policy of opposing re-selections? Don't believe the hype I would suggest.

(Obviously that policy may change if the MPs just want to carry on setting the Labour Party on fire for ever more)

I love this..... Momentum has a policy. It's own policy within a wider party. Why doesn't it just form its own party?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nicholas Watt ‏@nicholaswatt 6m6 minutes ago

It's game over for @jeremycorbyn ally tells me after hearing @UKLabour NEC votes to hold secret ballot

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Except this was a poll of unaffiliated members - a majority of whom said that Labour would lose the election if it replaced Corbyn. So, to sum up, a poll about as useful as a Boro shinguard

Just keep on thinking that. Unite today and old Len are clearly concerned by it given they needed to brief delegates at their brighton conference, that they could only respond in a manner aligned to union policy

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How do you embed tweets then?

[ tweet ] <insert tweet number her> [ / tweet ]

without the spaces inside the square brackets... e.g. the Micahel Crick tweet is 752884583125905408

[ tweet ]752884583125905408[ / tweet ]

[tweet]752884583125905408[/tweet]

I love this..... Momentum has a policy. It's own policy within a wider party. Why doesn't it just form its own party?

Fabians, Progress, Labour First etc etc etc atempt some moral consistency huh?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

This is apparently a poster that the Manchester and Trafford Momentum have going at the moment. Call me a reactionary white Russian if you want but I don't think that poster's going to win over too many floating voters in middle Britain

2eeg9cx.jpg

https://twitter.com/MVLibertas/status/752869444943122432

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
[ tweet ] <insert tweet number her> [ / tweet ]

without the spaces inside the square brackets... e.g. the Micahel Crick tweet is 752884583125905408

[ tweet ]752884583125905408[ / tweet ]

[tweet]752884583125905408[/tweet]

Much obliged.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The NEC are just snakes in the grass. Blairite Tories if you will.

Once they are removed from the Labour Party, then it will be able to progress.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The Labour Party really is a nasty party! This report from last weeks local party
Saturday’s annual general meeting of the Brighton Hove and District Labour party saw Corbyn supporters elected to key positions amid reports of heckling, spitting and threats of physical violence.

Nothing new here - the Labour Party, and in particular the left wing of same, has always been rather unpleasant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The NEC are just snakes in the grass. Blairite Tories if you will.

Once they are removed from the Labour Party, then it will be able to progress.

Indeed. It seems that either Corbyn is foisted into the run-off via the back door (with insufficient MP nominations) or the membership are seeing their own candidate bullied out of the process. It is a mess. The only way forward I can see is that 11 MPs who voted no confidence will have to back track in an attempt to ensure this sorry mess is not deemed undemocratic by their membership.

Either way, it's a complete shambles that puts Labour in an incredibly poor light.

This is apparently a poster that the Manchester and Trafford Momentum have going at the moment. Call me a reactionary white Russian if you want but I don't think that poster's going to win over too many floating voters in middle Britain

2eeg9cx.jpg

https://twitter.com/MVLibertas/status/752869444943122432

"Apparently" - definition usage: "Brighton are apparently going to sign Jamie Vardy and Antoine Griezmann"

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Win or lose, and it's only for a place on the ballot paper, this is indeed a spectacular shambles... it is a LOSE / LOSE situation... brilliant :laugh:

and in the face of so many open goals it is a truly remarkable effort! :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here