Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross- bargain?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He looks so unrushed, his Cryuff turn is so fluid and balanced he just keeps gaining that yard or 2 without being electric himself. The speed in which he and Propper have settled is astonishing and there is more to come from them too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If the right sort of money is shown he will go

We have to accept that too. If we are to sustain ourselves in the top flight, then the reality is if £25m+ offers start coming in, both for us and the player we need to do the deals – but only when it suits us. Players like Gross will continue to come to us if we are seen as a club that allows careers to progress when mutually beneficial.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Possibly, yes!

He's an extremely intelligent footballer, technically very good, with a lovely eye for a pass, and works incredibly hard. The difference between him and a truly world class player is their speed over short distances. On balance, I'll happily take him.

Mo Farah or Usain Bolt. One runs for ever, the other good over short distances. But both world class.

Now Pascal is on the global stage of the Premier League, who knows how far he can go?

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Makes you wonder if we'd have gone for Groß if we'd have signed Pritchard last season. I imagine that they'd be competing for the same position on the pitch as our number 10, behind the striker. £3m for Groß is looking like a steal.

Funny how things work out.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Makes you wonder if we'd have gone for Groß if we'd have signed Pritchard last season. I imagine that they'd be competing for the same position on the pitch as our number 10, behind the striker. £3m for Groß is looking like a steal.

I’m not sure if Pritchard is injured or not but he isn’t pn Norwich’s bench..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I doubt Pilchard is laughing, not even to the bank.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Watching the Seagulls World 35 minute extended highlights , his overall play (positioning, combativeness, distribution and ball delivery) is of such a high standard that I would think a zero has already been added to his value. I think he is the standout so far this season, amongst a team with a lot of very impressive contenders.

Brilliant signing.

TNBA

TTF

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
On the same note, although Jose is our most expensive signing, I don't think fans should be expecting him to be a world beater, we should compare his fee with how much our other players are worth, not what we paid. How much would we accept for March or Knocky?
No way we have seen the best of Jose. Still settling in. Potential to be deverstating once fully bedded in. Needs time to connect with the rest of the team. Looks like he is out there all by himself atm. Just not used to his colleagues style and tendancies yet. Reminds me of when Ulloa first rocked up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He reminds me a little of Beckham in that he's not the quickest or silkiest of players but he works his nuts off and has one excellent skill - namely his passing and crossing ability - that he maximises to the utmost. A really good signing.

As is Propper who is looking better and better, is forming a decent partnership with Stephens and looks a really classy player.

Actually all our signings look pretty decent.

If we can get that elusive striker and avoid too many injuries I'm confident of a comfortable midtable finish to the season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This stat is from the club site - Gross has created 212 goalscoring opportunities since August 2015, whereas Kevin De Bruyne has been involved in 211 during the same period.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He reminds me a little of Beckham in that he's not the quickest or silkiest of players but he works his nuts off and has one excellent skill - namely his passing and crossing ability - that he maximises to the utmost. A really good signing.

As is Propper who is looking better and better, is forming a decent partnership with Stephens and looks a really classy player.

Actually all our signings look pretty decent.

If we can get that elusive striker and avoid too many injuries I'm confident of a comfortable midtable finish to the season.

Not seen any mention of it but Propper’s turn to set up Izqueirdo’s goal was brilliant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not seen any mention of it but Propper’s turn to set up Izqueirdo’s goal was brilliant.

I only noticed it this morning when catching up on MotD.
It's odd the stuff you miss, I think I was still marvelling at Gross (?) fighting for the ball, after the miss that induced the hoof.
It was quite something, the way he took the ball down and player out of the game in one movement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here