PROPPER is our new number 10
Played a Dennis Berkamp role for the Dutch, hope chris Hughton was watching

Oh it'll still be gross starting as number 10, mark my words

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I love how people keep saying "Let's hope Chris watched it". Do you think he would have learnt more watching on TV for 90 mins than he has training with him for over 6 weeks?

He was probably catching up with Celebrity Masterchef anyway.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I love how people keep saying "Let's hope Chris watched it". Do you think he would have learnt more watching on TV for 90 mins than he has training with him for over 6 weeks?

Well Holland obviously knows how and where to play him.

Most of the time we've seen him he's standing 5-10 metres in front of Dunk and Duffy

el punal

It's a worry for me that so many managers are very stubborn.
Chris has probably made his mind up about where he wants Propper to play and will stick to it irrespective of today's game.
It's obvious to me after today where he should play, I like Chris a lot but he is defensive minded, we have attacking problems and maybe Propper playing in the same position as he did today may ease it.
I know you look out for my posts Chris, so, on Saturday, do the right thing.

Ah! Albion' new director of football. Will we see a photo of you holding up a club scarf outside the training complex? :wink:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes.

The obvious solution is just to swap the position of Pröpper and Groß - given that Groß has played more as a central midfielder than as an attacking midfielder in his career.

Totally agree. There's nothing stopping Chris from switching it back if it's not working.

Propper, on that showing, looks like he knows how to find space in the box and is good with his head. He must be full of confidence now. Gross meanwhile seems to have lost a bit since his good start in preseason.

Feeling quite excited about Saturday, think our season is just about to take off.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yes.

The obvious solution is just to swap the position of Pröpper and Groß - given that Groß has played more as a central midfielder than as an attacking midfielder in his career.
Completey agree, some of Propper's passes against Watford were lovely, well weighted through balls. Hemed just doesnt have the pace to latch onto them. Baldock could potentally love them type of through balls.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Completey agree, some of Propper's passes against Watford were lovely, well weighted through balls. Hemed just doesnt have the pace to latch onto them. Baldock could potentally love them type of through balls.

Get what you're saying but not every ball has to be played five yards in front of a forward. If the pass is weighted into Hemed's feet on the wrong side of a centre half - then he can just hit it. He did that a few times last season. Over a yard he's got a chance - but over five he'll be beaten most times.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Get what you're saying but not every ball has to be played five yards in front of a forward. If the pass is weighted into Hemed's feet on the wrong side of a centre half - then he can just hit it. He did that a few times last season. Over a yard he's got a chance - but over five he'll be beaten most times.

Whilst I agree, we will be playing counter attacking football mainly, so we need to pace and strikers running onto the ball

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Who'd have thought a few years ago that the Dutch number 10 would one day be our player...

THIS with bells on.

We've got theDutchnumber10
The propperDutchmannumber10
I just don't think you understand
He only cost thirteen mil
He's better than Johan Cruyff
And we cant believe we've got theDutchmannumber10

Needs working on.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
THIS with bells on.