Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In the context of the season, thinking games where we'd expect to pick up points, I'm a hell of a lot less concerned about a 0-2 defeat to Man City than I would be by, to take a purely random example, an 0-3 defeat to Huddersfield.

kiwigull

Nov 14, 2008
I'm worried about Stephens. Was hoping he was cruising in pre season v Atletico but looked fairly casual today again. Only going off last week and today but is he lacking fire at the moment?

im sure CH must have told the players in the first half not to take too many risks - imagine we had played more openly with 2 up front and march playing wider, we would probably have been 3-0 down by half time. However, on the 2 occassions we did get forward WHERE THE HE:: WAS THE SUPPORT to the strikers?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're the c**t then! Season started today mate! We did ourselves proud but you carry on pretending weekends against the big 6 are dead rubbers!
I think you'll find that most c**ts on here think holding out for 70 minutes against a team with full backs who cost more than our entire team wasn't a bad effort. Weekends against the big 6 are not dead rubbers, of course they're not. Any points gleaned from these games will be welcome - but essentially they will be surprise bonuses; our primary source of PL points will be elsewhere. Of course, some c**ts can't understand that...............

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We need to retain possession when we have the ball andbnot pumping forward aimlessly.

That is where March was so good, particularly in the first half. He kept the ball, made himself some space and then successfully passed to a team mate.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Plus points:
1. Defence was brilliant.
2. Fans were awesome.
3. Spirit was there, just needs a bit of a nudge.
4. Solly March, Pascal Gross and Bruno were outstanding.

Negatives:
1. Midfield a tad sloppy today.
2. Need more pace upfront.
3. Please no negativity on NSC.

Plus points:
1. Conceding fewer goals than Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Negatives:
1. Scoring fewer goals than Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. And City, obvs.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Would have been nice if we had at least tried to win the game, like we did against Athletico, rather than try not to lose. If we play like that again, against a team who don't look as ordinary as City did today, we will get tonked.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Paul Barber saying visa meeting this coming Wednesday for Jose Izquierdo and have there eyes on a number 9.
Looks and feels promising :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I quite enjoyed it. The way the pundits are talking we were mauled to death and will have to recruit a whole team by next week. Zero acknowledgement of the gulf in spending or experience.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I thought the ref had made a simple counting error: they had fifteen men on the pitch, didn't they?

A new striker would have made no difference to us today, but please let's get one sooner rather than later to face those teams we might get something from.

Bruno must wish he was ten years younger. He looked the part today.

And all is not lost, eh?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The usual sports media spunking themselves stupid over City. They cost OVER HALF A BILLION POUNDS FFS Can't be too disappointed and glad to get that one out of the way. Get the last few players in that the club are clearly trying to do and we'll be OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here