Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Presuming we don't make it this year...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Huddersfield have even a small blip now then it is over. 5 or so games have passed and they haven't closed the gap since it became 6 points (w/game in hand). They are running out of games and fast.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't even want to think about this thread. But I am.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If Huddersfield have even a small blip now then it is over. 5 or so games have passed and they haven't closed the gap since it became 6 points (w/game in hand). They are running out of games and fast.
We need to be 3 points clear of them by the time they play wolves(if they win)and even that would make things very difficult with us having villa away:D
One game at a time I guess:lol:

If we don't make it then we don't make it....football will always continue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we have to allow Huddersfield at least 2 points a game which would put them on 91.

Bear in mind that they've only got 7 from their past 5. Sporting Index has their points spread as 85-86.5, so 86 points isn't such a rediculous prediction for the required threshold.

I bloody hope [MENTION=805]Kalimantan Gull[/MENTION] is right anyway!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bear in mind that they've only got 7 from their past 5. Sporting Index has their points spread as 85-86.5, so 86 points isn't such a rediculous prediction for the required threshold.

Yes but the 5 before the last 5 they got 15 :)

Over this season though the top 3 have pretty much averaged 2 points a game. I would have thought this would continue for us as well as them putting us on 93 and Hudds on 91.

I wouldn't rule out the 87, it's not a lot of difference to 91.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

86 points is the best possible prediction of Huddersfield's final points tally. This estimate takes into account ALL available information to do with remaining fixtures, form at home and away, players, injuries, likely suspensions etc etc etc etc

Obviously it is, at the same time, quite likely to be wrong by plus or minus 2 or 3 points - but it remains the best possible prediction and could easily turn out to be right plus or minus one point.

Also worth noting that we could achieve 86 points with 5 games still left to play.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Away games at Wolves, QPR, Norwich and Villa are the crux.

We need to break the recent away trend (at big-ish clubs with good squads and home records) and get a win or two. Game on.

Continue the form shown away at Huddersfield, Forest and Leeds, and we're in trouble due to the chasing pack.

Don't know what the playing answer is. Perhaps a more aggressive and offensive approach to such games from the first minute?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Presuming we don't make it this year, predict what will happen on NSC?

By my calculations we already have 1274 threads started by people who seem to think the season has finished and we've been promoted already, and that's not to mention the posts within those threads. By god we've even had a thread asking when the PL fixtures come out!

Should we **** this up, will NSC experience it's biggest ever meltdown? My suggestion is that the forum is suspended for 14 days.

I'd prefer to see you suspended. For 14 years. :wanker:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If we do not go up this season, the team for the first game of next season;

Walton, Rosenior, Bruno, Hünemeier, Bong, Skalak, Norwood, Sidwell, March, Towell, Murray.

I would assume we'd be bringing in new players almost all over the pitch but there is some loyalty in our squad. Rosenior would stay, Bong, Skalak, Norwood and Hemed all need us to not go up in order to still be at the club for next season and it would be good for Towell to get some minutes. Hemed wouldn't be sought after and would deserve to be back in the starting 11 but would still be behind Murray for me although lately there's not been much between them. If anything, Hemed has been wrongly treated by being dropped to the bench.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am convinced this is our year but failing that I dont think that I will ever see BHA in the Premier League.but it wouldnt stop me posting on here,.

We have been saying this for the last 4 seasons, hope it doesn't happen, but we would get up again for the 5th season.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think we will be going up this season, not as champions, but the Brighton way, equal on points with Hudds but better goal difference.
Then we can look forward to more threads ala pissing in kettles, streakers in the Lanes etc.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I am from the future and I can tell you that...........

.... Spoilers may ruin the unexpected spontaneous elation football gives.

Good teams go down, bad teams go up and vice versa. I for one will sit on the edge of my seat with hope of promotion for every football minute played while it's still mathematically impossible. Champions means nothing this season, promotion has it's own (huge financial) rewards. And I want to go up, even if the doom-mongers are correct and it's relegation to fast-follow. I am firmly in the camp that I would rather enjoy a season in the top league than hide behind the excuse of wishing we won't go up to embarrass ourselves. The recent form of promoted teams should fill with confidence, not fear. Yes there could be 4-0 drubbings which will hurt, but the success will give pride this club and players deserve.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If we do not go up this season, the team for the first game of next season;

Walton, Rosenior, Bruno, Hünemeier, Bong, Skalak, Norwood, Sidwell, March, Towell, Murray.

I would assume we'd be bringing in new players almost all over the pitch but there is some loyalty in our squad. Rosenior would stay, Bong, Skalak, Norwood and Hemed all need us to not go up in order to still be at the club for next season and it would be good for Towell to get some minutes. Hemed wouldn't be sought after and would deserve to be back in the starting 11 but would still be behind Murray for me although lately there's not been much between them. If anything, Hemed has been wrongly treated by being dropped to the bench.

Is this sort of pesimistic boll*x really necessary. ffs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First trip to the New Wembley. Better be next season.

The same applies to Newcastle.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Presuming we don't make it this year, predict what will happen on NSC?

By my calculations we already have 1274 threads started by people who seem to think the season has finished and we've been promoted already, and that's not to mention the posts within those threads. By god we've even had a thread asking when the PL fixtures come out!

Should we **** this up, will NSC experience it's biggest ever meltdown? My suggestion is that the forum is suspended for 14 days.

It goes so well with the 1275 threads started by people firmly believing we've blown it already and the 1276 with people whinging about either type of thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here