Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beijing / China

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Anyone on here out there? Moving to Beijing tomorrow and thought I'd try the NSC knowledge pool if anyone has any tips about either China or Beijing ???

Smoky McPot

May 12, 2009
Good luck dude, was there myself frequently over the past couple of years and found no albion supporters. Normally you have to e-mail a bar ahead of a game coming up on TV to see if they can get it. I've had it a couple of times where the bar will say yes, but then can't get tv signal! Seagulls player becomes your new best friend. 我 祝 你 好运!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Anyone on here out there? Moving to Beijing tomorrow and thought I'd try the NSC knowledge pool if anyone has any tips about either China or Beijing ???

The need to live under a centralising, slow to reform, autocratic, undemocratic, bureaucratic regime with numerous stars on it's flag still lingers on then ... :wink:

Seriously though, good luck to you in your new venture/life. :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I visited 4 or 5 years ago and loved it. Lots to see and do, fantastic food, good night life. Enjoy!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I was in Beijing 20 years ago and even then the building programme going on was massive. It will have changed out of all recognition now I am sure. Remember standing in awed silence looking at the massed ranks of the Terracotta warriors in Xian as we were the last ones to leave that day.
Fascinating place China, I am sure you will enjoy it. It will certainly be an eye opener.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Come visit us in Korea when you get the chance. FAR EAST SEAGULLS CLUB (well not yet but we can dream)

I'm in! That's China, Korea, Malaysia and Japan now covered. There must be some in H.K. Taiwan and Singapore too. Probably Thailand and the Philippines as well. [MENTION=805]Kalimantan Gull[/MENTION] unless misnamed ticks of Indonesia. I'm sure there's a poster who lives in Vietnam. We can cover the whole of East and South East Asia!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I'm in! That's China, Korea, Malaysia and Japan now covered. There must be some in H.K. Taiwan and Singapore too. Probably Thailand and the Philippines as well. [MENTION=805]Kalimantan Gull[/MENTION] unless misnamed ticks of Indonesia. I'm sure there's a poster who lives in Vietnam. We can cover the whole of East and South East Asia!

Almost a football team! Yes!, Wanna hang out with me in SK for a weekend. Come and play - we live a basic lifestyle but we welcome strangers xxxx

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm between Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Hong Kong currently so count me in ;-)

It's quite an adventure living rather than visiting. Choices have to be made fairly soon too.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Foreign Office mate is just coming to the end of three year posting in Beijing. He takes his lunch breaks in the Hilton Hotel toilets where he sits in the trap with his iPhone, one of the few places where he can 'beat the firewall' using their WiFi. Being a 6ft 7" westerner he spends most of his time posing for photos with the locals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here