Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear: Who should the new presenters be?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
They don't HAVE to get rid of Clarkson....just re-imagine him in cartoon form using his voice.

He can be as ofensive, violent and smash cars up as much as he likes and no-one will get physically hurt. :shootself

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Graham Norton, Clare Balding and Alan Carr. They would bring a completely new slant to the show and tick so many Beeb boxes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see Top Gear surviving more than a year without Clarkson, so perhaps the BBC should just drop it now, rather than give it a lingering demise with new presenters.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
James May now saying he is standing by Clarkson and that he could not do TG without him. Misguided loyalty or another case of thinking that he is bigger than the show too ?
I'm getting increasingly fed up with the whole ridiculous business especially now that Tony Hall, the Director General has received " credible death threats " over his handling of the whole issue. Who in their right mind would threaten the boss of the BBC over this ? It's insane.

I think the best thing from here is for the BBC to quietly not to renew May's and Hammond's contracts if they feel unable to continue and then just drop the show completely and come up with an entirely new format with new presenters. As for who, why not start from scratch with unknown presenters and see where it goes.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
James May now saying he is standing by Clarkson and that he could not do TG without him. Misguided loyalty or another case of thinking that he is bigger than the show too ?
I think he is doing the right thing. Top Gear probably won't work without Clarkson and I can see them doing a new programme together on another channel. And they are friends which I imagine would have an affect on his decision.

I think the best thing from here is for the BBC to quietly not to renew May's and Hammond's contracts if they feel unable to continue and then just drop the show completely and come up with an entirely new format with new presenters. As for who, why not start from scratch with unknown presenters and see where it goes.

I agree that they should scrap Top Gear and have a completely new car programme. The currant mess about and drive into the back of each other style of the programme won't work with other presenters.I think they should do a new programme with presenters like Guy martin who both know about mechanics and have character and spend more time doing challenges in which they do stuff with cars like the hover van, amphibious cars or buying a cheap car and using it for rally cross.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Gabby Logan off the F1, Guy Martin off the Isle of Man/Grimsby and another maybe even that American Top Gear guy Tanner whatsit off of the USA rally scene.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think he is doing the right thing. Top Gear probably won't work without Clarkson and I can see them doing a new programme together on another channel. And they are friends which I imagine would have an affect on his decision.

I agree that they should scrap Top Gear and have a completely new car programme. The currant mess about and drive into the back of each other style of the programme won't work with other presenters.I think they should do a new programme with presenters like Guy martin who both know about mechanics and have character and spend more time doing challenges in which they do stuff with cars like the hover van, amphibious cars or buying a cheap car and using it for rally cross.

Did I read somewhere that May and Clarkson are related?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
077-28-rogermellie.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here