Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WEDNESDAY is going to be CRAP!

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I'm of the opinion we're going to dish out an absolutely hiding on Friday.

Wednesday will chalk it up to a bad day in the office, and for us it'll be one of the highlights of the season ala 5-0 Norwich.

Fair play if that happens. We've only conceded 1 goal in 6 games so I wouldn't be surprised in typical Wednesday fashion we'll find a way to destroy a good stat.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I'd say Wednesday are a bigger threat than Leeds. They are a very good team. If we win it will be a good indication of the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Grammar , Grammar , Grammar - Wednesday ARE going to be CRAP .

You are correct that Wednesday as a group of players are going to be crap. Wednesday as a team is also going to be crap. It depends if you see Wednesday as a team or an individual group of players.
The bottom line is that Wednesday is/are going to be crap twice.

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
You are correct that Wednesday as a group of players are going to be crap. Wednesday as a team is also going to be crap. It depends if you see Wednesday as a team or an individual group of players.
The bottom line is that Wednesday is/are going to be crap twice.

I see Wednesday as crap ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
JoeMaloney92
Sheffield Wednesday Youth Team
JoeMaloney92
Sheffield Wednesday Fan
47 posts
Interests:The Wednesday
Posted 6 hours ago · Report post

Trawling about on Owlstak earlier today

'Kick Off
1st minute - And it's a red for Hutchinson as he breaks Knockhearts legs.

This from Owlstalk today and I am sure that it is not representative BUT where does banter stop and total abuse takes over ?

Interestingly, another thread on Owlstalk questions why the hatred for SWFC - Anyone care to hazard a guess ??

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Olá meus amigos. Should be an interesting game on friday. We're getting the results but the performances have been below par. Don't know whether I'm happy you lost before playing us, meaning you'll either rebound well or be slightly more vulnerable?!

I do think we've got a LOT more to give as a team this season but can't see us reaching the top two. Can't see you guys dropping out either. Would be happy with a draw and hopefully keep our recent strong defensive run going. Hope I haven't jinxed us now!

On recent displays I think we are likely to share the points

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
JoeMaloney92
JoeMaloney92
Sheffield Wednesday Fan
47 posts

'Kick Off

This from Owlstalk today and I am sure that it is not representative BUT where does banter stop and total abuse takes over ?

Interestingly, another thread on Owlstalk questions why the hatred for SWFC - Anyone care to hazard a guess ??

Don't worry we're just reyt horrible up north!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think it'll be around 1200. Decent for a Friday night on SKY.

It sure is. Weird as I was pleasantly surprised at our excellent 1200 up at Preston at the weekend and there was Leeds fans on Twitter mocking it and saying we don't deserve to go up because of it :facepalm: One even genuinely said 'Leeds would have taken more' but I actually don't think he was joking...!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We owe them

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016
Well, Wednesday are not playing well at all, and have been riding their luck recently for my money. Huddersfield missed a couple of good chances in the first half, and it came back to haunt them. That said, the better the opposition, the better the Owls seem to play. And Wednesday did defeat Newcastle at St James Park the other week, after all. Still, I'm expecting another onslaught akin to what happened in the play-off semi last season, so it will be a difficult game. If Wednesday get a draw they'll have done well.

Fair port

Apr 19, 2012
Assuming the OP is :fishing: for some positive vibes in the replies to lift himself out of the abyss?

Looking forward to a good game on Fri and a team with a new found sense of commitment after the wake up call at Preston. Bring it on.

If we lose, just hope you use safety razors. :shootself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Wednesday clicking?
They've been playing very poorly of late and much worse than us to be fair....Expecting a very tough game but hoping we'll be too strong for them.

We've been shocking recently you should have no trouble in turning us over.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Well, Wednesday are not playing well at all, and have been riding their luck recently for my money. Huddersfield missed a couple of good chances in the first half, and it came back to haunt them. That said, the better the opposition, the better the Owls seem to play. And Wednesday did defeat Newcastle at St James Park the other week, after all. Still, I'm expecting another onslaught akin to what happened in the play-off semi last season, so it will be a difficult game. If Wednesday get a draw they'll have done well.

This

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
38FE61A100000578-0-image-a-110_1475347141543.jpg

COME ON!!!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
JoeMaloney92
JoeMaloney92
Sheffield Wednesday Fan
47 posts

'Kick Off

It is noticeable from that (and other posts) that the reason for Knockaert's celebration has been quietly forgotten. The reception he got from some Sheffield Wednesday fans when stretchered off in the play offs was terrible (not all, but a fair section). As far as I'm concerned, if fans treat a player like that and the player responds when scoring in the next game against them, it is fully deserved. I would think the same thing if our fans booed a player off when injured and the player behaved like that at another date.

I'm really hoping Rosenior and March can score against Reading and Derby later in the season in front of the away fans and do a similar thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here