Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leeds v Derby ( Friday ).

Massive v Huddersfield ( Saturday ).

Points dropped.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The team top at this stage has gone up in each of the past 6 seasons.

Oh, well THAT'S it. We're loose now for sure.

DEFIANTLY.

Top work [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] :facepalm:

Yoda

English & European
Should we win at Preston we will be FIVE points clear of them in second having played the same number of games, they play at Brentford next Monday then we get the game in hand back. If I was Rafa I'd be a lot more worried about things than Chris Hughton is

Except that Brentford vs Newcastle has been moved back to Saturday 3:00 due to the FA Cup replay for the Toon.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
We definitely have been below par in a few recent games, and our points total could very, very easily be at least 4 lower than it is.

Of course (depending on your inherent levels of optimism / pessimism) there are two ways of evaluating that:

1. "We're not quite performing. Our luck will run out soon, and a few defeats are inevitable"

2. "We're winning even when we're off the pace. Sign of a great team. All is well"

Personally I flip between the two on a daily basis...

3. This has been our bad run and we've won, soon we will return to our normal brilliant selves

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The team top at this stage has gone up in each of the past 6 seasons.
Read the thread title and get with the program.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Should we win at Preston we will be FIVE points clear of them in second having played the same number of games, they play at Brentford next Monday then we get the game in hand back. If I was Rafa I'd be a lot more worried about things than Chris Hughton is

Read the thread title and get with the program.

Triggaaar what's with the negative waves :cool:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We are the team to beat so I expect the kitchen sink to be thrown at us and then later on in the games we will turn the screw and snatch the wins. 12 wins away from 90 points and we have won 8 of the last 10. If our defense keeps tight to the 15 goals conceded all season we may get these wins under our belt sooner rather than later. The best defense in the league should not start leaking goals.

I can’t see us settling for draws because we don't want a nervy end of season.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are the team to beat so I expect the kitchen sink to be thrown at us and then later on in the games we will turn the screw and snatch the wins. 12 wins away from 90 points and we have won 8 of the last 10. If our defense keeps tight to the 15 goals conceded all season we may get these wins under our belt sooner rather than later. The best defense in the league should not start leaking goals.

I can’t see us settling for draws.
Nope I see quite the reverse.
Until the team slips down the table, they'll be playing against a 10 defence, which isn't really it's strong point.

In this recent 'bad' run, teams have been found out by thinking they can win, that's cost them 1 or 3 points.
Playing the Albion will represent 1 point in the planner, while targeting easier points in the next game, whoever that is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Triggaaar what's with the negative waves :cool:
I'm loving the season, just trying to prepare NSC for when we lose a game. It's a very small point lead and I can easily see a meltdown if we lose a couple. We should expect to lose some and be calm when we do, and ready to carry on (cheering the team on etc, without wetting the bed).

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Nope I see quite the reverse.
Until the team slips down the table, they'll be playing against a 10 defence, which isn't really it's strong point.

In this recent 'bad' run, teams have been found out by thinking they can win, that's cost them 1 or 3 points.
Playing the Albion will represent 1 point in the planner, while targeting easier points in the next game, whoever that is.

Possibly but going into a game that you are not expected to win takes the pressure off. More or less every game this season has had a cup final feel to it so it seems to me like other teams raise their game when they play us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here