Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing at the end...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Why is there an obsession by those who don't agree with the booing to criticise other supporters for expressing their own opinion?

I didn't boo Saturday but I did have a shout of "rubbish" at the end of the game.

The attitudes of some people on this thread is why the atmosphere at many games is so flat.

So far I've seen threads saying don't criticise the manager, don't sing certain football songs and now don't express your opinion of dissatisfaction on a performance.

What would people prefer? Sit on their hands and keep their mouths shut?

Some are way too sanctimonious for their own good.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
Congratulations you are retarded.

I don't subscribe to the 'must not boo under any circumstances' school of thought but seriously, if you think watching a team who averaging about 25 shots a game, had 15 corners and 60 odd percent possession today you must not have been an Albion fan long!

Don't get me wrong I was as frustrated as anyone we didn't score but booing should be reserved but those times when players are putting in no effort or tactics mean we have no shots all game, not times when we could have scored half a dozen!

25 shots of which 6 where on target and we didn't look like scoring from any of them. 15 corners all of which were cleared by their defence and 60% of possession we did nothing with and you can find some positives from that?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Have you seen your own avatar?! Sorry if I come across forthright but it's a pretty logical viewpoint when you think about it. It makes no sense to boo someone for trying their hardest.

I will admit that I have pondered your post for a few minutes and I honestly cannot see the relevance of my avatar to your arrogance. That's probably because I'm stupid though, right?

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Seen worse games at the Goldstone, Withdean and the Amex and although this was not a particularly exciting or inspiring game at least we didnt lose. Wiith such a large team and managment change from last year I believe we need to give the manager and this team half a chance to get it right before writing them off. Remember it is a very public arena to try and build a new team. Yes we have training facilities, but you still need a competitive match in front of 24000 fans to see how the players perform under pressure ......... just sayin

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
The booing was harsh. We played against a good team and done well. It wasn't the most enjoyable game but we got a point but really didn't deserve the boo's

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No booing in WSU at the North end today. Just a resigned 'meh' and people ambling off quietly down the stairs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here