Who's fault is LoyaltyGate?

• The Club

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • The Fans

Votes: 89 59.7%

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How could the club solve this then? What would be be a better system in your opinion? Not being confrontational just interested to know?

Fair enough. A few people on here have rightly pointed out that it doesn't really matter what some suggest as alternatives, the club have just reworked and it is their call.

But my view for what it's worth is that we should seek to avoid a niche of c.3k who are incentivised to harvest points whether that's buying and not going, buying and passing on to someone else or buying and going when they otherwise might not go to. Reward longevity for sure. Reward those who go on the road more sure. But for me not exclusively. Hold back a %age (10%, 30% whatever) and make those available to a wider audience to give more people a chance to see the Albion on the road. That population could be other long held season ticket holders who travel less frequently, or season ticket holders, or at another extreme also include non season ticket holders who are club members.

There are lots of variants on this, and of course lots of threads people could pull at to undermine which I get. The principle I am trying to argue for though is a wider population to see the Albion on the road. For example the club holds back tickets and refuses to sell as season tickets, I think this is analogous.

I say this for what it's worth as a season ticket holder longer than the 7 years and someone who started the year in the top tier, i.e. someone who have travelled lots.

Worthingchris

Oct 26, 2014
Totally agree with you ..... the fans who have followed the team away over the years deserve first pick, but there has to be a system that will offer all STH's even a slim chance of getting a ticket... At 200 points I know I have little chance of getting an away ticket, so like at Watford I have to sit on my hands with the home fans

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How about rewarding people who have supported the Albion over the last 50 years and through changes of circumstances/age/family commitments, etc. now can't commit every week. Are they less loyal and consequently less deserving?

Agree. See my post above

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How about rewarding people who have supported the Albion over the last 50 years and through changes of circumstances/age/family commitments, etc. now can't commit every week. Are they less loyal and consequently less deserving?

Isn't it marvellous how all these fans who supported the club for all those years now see those same circumstances that prevented their attendence are now miraculously resolved to allow them to go to some decent away games!!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

This. It would be interesting to know how far back in supporting some of the uber 3000 go. Have some who only started supporting in the Amex era in the top 3000, who can now go to every away match?.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't give points for away cup games, it really is that simple

Reading the Argus online article today, it's not just cup games where points have been harvested.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15567430.Albion_bosses_ban_250_fans_for_ticket_touting/?ref=mr&lp=4

Speaking back in August, after tickets to Albion’s first two away games appeared on unahtorised websites and on social media, club chief executive Paul Barber said,”It is concerning and frustrating that tickets purporting to be for the visitors’ section at our upcoming away fixtures are being offered for sale in this way, particularly as many fans with the required loyalty points have missed out.

“It is also disappointing that fans, with the necessary loyalty points, have purchased tickets and chosen to offer them for re-sale, and, in some cases, over and above the face value price rather than attend the match to support the team.

“It appears that these individuals have no intention of attending the match, and have bought tickets simply to profiteer, gain loyalty points, or both.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This. It would be interesting to know how far back in supporting some of the uber 3000 go. Have some who only started supporting in the Amex era in the top 3000, who can now go to every away match?.

Is that a rhetorical question? Of course, there will be many. But they are the ones that have been turning up for the last 6 years whereas your example of older fans have.. presumably been waiting until arsenal away with an occasional trip to craven cottage? Or perhaps, as someone has already suggested, the entirety of their circumstances/commitments were all miraculously solved upon our promotion, particularly when going to the emirates.

The amount of bullshit on here is staggering. I welcome the younger/newer fans at aways, they tend to make abit of noise and aren't quite as bitter as the rest of us. These points aren't a testament to the time/interest you have dedicated to the albion in your lifetime, they are awarded on cold hard statistics of turning up to games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Reading the Argus online article today, it's not just cup games where points have been harvested.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15567430.Albion_bosses_ban_250_fans_for_ticket_touting/?ref=mr&lp=4

Speaking back in August, after tickets to Albion’s first two away games appeared on unahtorised websites and on social media, club chief executive Paul Barber said,”It is concerning and frustrating that tickets purporting to be for the visitors’ section at our upcoming away fixtures are being offered for sale in this way, particularly as many fans with the required loyalty points have missed out.

“It is also disappointing that fans, with the necessary loyalty points, have purchased tickets and chosen to offer them for re-sale, and, in some cases, over and above the face value price rather than attend the match to support the team.

“It appears that these individuals have no intention of attending the match, and have bought tickets simply to profiteer, gain loyalty points, or both.

But touting is a different issue to the harvesting of points by fans. Easy for the club to identify them by buying the tickets and finding out who they were sold to in the first place. Will cost a bit to start with but the message will get across.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But touting is a different issue to the harvesting of points by fans. Easy for the club to identify them by buying the tickets and finding out who they were sold to in the first place. Will cost a bit to start with but the message will get across.

The last sentence says a few have been doing both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here