Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Southern stated earlier this year that services were severely disrupted due to unofficial strike action. I can tell you this was nonsense. The high levels of sickness was due to the way we were being treated. Every time we start a shift we have to sign a form stating we are fit to work, mentally and physically. This is due to the Conductor Grade being a safety critical role and we need to be at our best and be fully-concentrated on our job. As our mistakes can cost lives and we could be prosecuted. If we do not feel 100%, we should not be at work. Due to the constant bullying and harassment from senior management, a lot of Conductors were suffering from work-related stress and anxiety, which decreases your ability to concentrate. So, in the interest of safeguarding the public and ourselves, people got signed off sick. They did not want to. They just knew they had to.

This bit is bad. If I was a southern "manager" outrageous and disgusting. They have my sympathy. A bit.

Now, they have imposed a rule for Conductor’s that we are unable to self-certify any sickness and a doctor will only certify for over 7 days. So, if we are sick and want to receive our company sick pay, we have to be off work for at least 7 days, even if we are not ill for that long. This rule is still being imposed upon us.

This bit is REAL world stuff tho. No sympathy there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More fun and games as ASLEF now voting for strikes.

i wonder if they will ever explain to the passengers and public why now, and not for the many previous services that have gone driver only?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So these were at Falmer Station on Saturday:

20161126_135544.jpg

Surely no-one can claim as travel was via match/season tickets? Which makes it more of a dig than anything.

Yoda

English & European
So these were at Falmer Station on Saturday:

View attachment 79803

Surely no-one can claim as travel was via match/season tickets? Which makes it more of a dig than anything.

Exactly this. You can only claim is you have a valid RAIL ticket for the time of travel. As everyone travelling to and from the game would/should be using their match ticket, there is nothing to claim.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They will be desperate to stop this, rumour is for one month strike.

A month! Blimey.

Were it not for Southern being batsh*t mental you'd imagine that would focus Southern's attention, but you just know it won't. They only people who really give a toss about getting a resolution are the commuters.

albionite

May 20, 2009

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
http://news.sky.com/story/southern-railway-drivers-vote-to-strike-over-driver-only-train-10675834

Southern Ballot Result
Strike Action:
Yes 630 87.3%
No 92 12.7%
Action Short of a Strike:
Yes 690 95.6%

No 32 4.4%
Papers sent out 937
Papers returned 722 77.1%
Details of action to follow.
Thanks to all our members on Southern for your support.

similar to RMT ballots, why when the members back non-strike action in larger numbers, do the unions resort to strike action?

and may i also extend my thanks to their members on Southern, delay repay is paying for crimbo this year. sadly others may find their employment difficult.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Absolute joke of a situation. The only one being hurt here are the passengers - the Unions (and members) and Southern are having a ****ing laugh at their expense.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
similar to RMT ballots, why when the members back non-strike action in larger numbers, do the unions resort to strike action?

Because it's easy for the Unions to impose a strike, rather than doing anything else which may be a little bit more effort. Typical waste of space Unions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here