Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no train thread?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is what was reported when I was waiting on the bridge at Falmer tonight.
Trains not running/ cancelled as staff didn't turn up for work, police and stewards trying their best to tell fans.

Well it was reported incorrectly then. They don't have enough staff to run the normal service so they were never going to have enough to run extra services.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Trains not running/ cancelled as staff didn't turn up for work, police and stewards trying their best to tell fans.
Seconded. Spoke to southern chap, late sickness of drivers and staff.

Waiting half hour for a train I can live with, putting up with winging whining Villa fans was something else, although some big mouth brummie bird trying to ring a cab from the Lewes bound train queue and thinking this would resolve her problem was comedy gold (for the first 10 minutes)

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
We left at the final whistle and got into the queue for a train to Lewes. Checked trains app to see when next train was due and it showed the next 5 or 6 trains cancelled. That entailed a 45 minute wait for the next train and our position in the queue meant we probably wouldn't have got on that. I was with my 73 year old father who couldn't wait around standing in a freezing queue like that for that length of time. No one was told anything and people were getting properly fed up.
In the end we managed to phone someone we know in Lewes who kindly drove to pick us up.
It really is enough to put people off doing this again and lots of others were saying the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why didn't Southern announce this earlier today so fans knew what to expect?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Are you that stupid that you believe what gtr tell you.

What does it matter? Four trains were cancelled. Service was a shambles. 3 trains went past and picked up zero passengers. Whether it was because the bloke who presses a button didn't turn up or did turn up but couldn't be arsed to press it is immaterial. We all froze our bollocks off for an hour and Southen are wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here