Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You won't ever eat at SUBWAY again !

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The hygiene standards in the UK are amongst the best in the world. Of course there are bad practices everywhere, but it's quite rare for the major players to fall below the expected standards.

You should see some of the stuff that is eaten in mainland China!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Had my first in 1990, and to my shame, I still eat them.

:blush:

Not a shame at all, it's convenience food. It tastes alright, I've eaten all of them, yes I agree they're probably not good as part of a regular diet. But for Christsake I hope the Nigels don't see this thread....they'll think we're a bunch of 'shrinking violets' or worse, stuck up toffs dining on Lobster and quaffing Chateaux Haut Brion 1964. FFS at least a third of the World's population starving and we are whinging about fast food. Besides, I'd sooner eat a subway dinner for five than read the Daily Mail. :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love a good Subway, I eat there a lot and I say piss off to all the naysayers. There are people who moan about EVERYTHING. How long until some absolute person re-posts that rubbish story about KFC growing their own chicken style embryo's which don't have feathers? It's all rubbish. Eat it, don't eat it - whatever, just shut up about it.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have had about two in lifetime, I can't see what the fuss is all about. Thought my Subway was tasteless.
The chains are pretty rubbish in all honesty. It's the thing I like about France, it doesn't matter what new business opens you will always find a proper bakers, and a host of other family run business still alive, still producing quality foods.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not a shame at all, it's convenience food. It tastes alright, I've eaten all of them, yes I agree they're probably not good as part of a regular diet. But for Christsake I hope the Nigels don't see this thread....they'll think we're a bunch of 'shrinking violets' or worse, stuck up toffs dining on Lobster and quaffing Chateaux Haut Brion 1964. FFS at least a third of the World's population starving and we are whinging about fast food. Besides, I'd sooner eat a subway dinner for five than read the Daily Mail. :shrug:
Who gives a f*ck what the Nigels think? Most of them scavenge from bins or rob a Lateshopper sausage roll for their dinner anyway. Subway would seem like a massive treat to them and Nando's their equivalent of somewhere with a Michelin star.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Tell us more. We have a girl from mainland China living with us, telling us how the food in China is the best in the world.
I go to mainland China a lot, my wife and her family are from Beijing, so I'm not saying this as some kind of snob who happens to live in Hong Kong. Food in the mainland is fantastic, she is right, and it's much cheaper.

Ask her about the the fake baby milk formula and baby immunisation scandals, and that's not even going into the ethical treatment of animals!

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that despite the fact that the UK seems (for some reason) to have a bad reputation for the quality of food, at least you know it's generally safe.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don't mind an occasional Burger King / KFC when travelling, I'm not a food snob, but I really can't see the point in Subway when there are ALWAYS better places to get a sandwich from (including pre packed supermarket sandwiches).

At 2 in the morning in the middle of Brighton there isn't.

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
I’ve always found that Subway in New York is much better than any of the Subway restaurants I tried when I was back in the UK. Maybe it’s the ingredients (wouldn’t have thought so) so perhaps it’s the staff or quality control procedures the franchisee uses. In fact I prefer their stuff to Pret a Manger, who are more expensive and make a big deal about how fresh their food is.

Yes, Subway isn't bad here in Canada either. I eat there occasionally and there are a lot worse fast food options I'm sure.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At 2 in the morning in the middle of Brighton there isn't.
Yeah and when you're drunk, being able to create your own sandwich is the holy grail

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I have noticed in Glasgow the subway shops are often next to the subway stations.

kelvinhall-road-entrance.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is Quiznos still open? ???

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surprised someone still reads the Daily Mail

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
There are times when I actually fancy processed unhealthy food and a BMT from Subway actually goes down well. I go to Pret a lot more often but I'm not convinced that it's much healthier.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Food in the mainland is fantastic, she is right
So what food were you complaining about?

Ask her about the the fake baby milk formula
I think she's a bit old for that.
and baby immunisation scandals
What's that got to do with food?
and that's not even going into the ethical treatment of animals!
No doubt, she never pretended otherwise. She wouldn't understand if I raised the subject, they're just animals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here