Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City bid SIX MILLION POUNDS for Palace strker

SDG

May 26, 2014
Have you accounted for 3 years' wages at £25k per week, to sit on the bench, in those calculations?

£4.5m - rising to £6m with installments. Then a few bonuses which may or may not have been met (no international appearances)

Top Scorer 2 years in a row, and probably unlucky to be born in the era of 1 up front.

Worth it though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To save the Croydon goons from contributing, let's just summarise their inevitable views in one neat post (spelling/grammar intentional):

-hes one of the best strikers in the Premiership and were only selling because we have so many amazing strikers now we dont need him in are quest for Europe

-hes only young with massive potential

-you could of only dreamed of having him

-but we won't sell to you anyway

-he will smash up the championship this season

-he was a big success at selhurst park and not in any way a waste of money

-we don't care about money anyway now lalala

-Wilf play offs Wembley yadda yadda yadda
:yawn:

Does that about cover it?
You haven't mentioned how 'jealous' we are of them :lolol:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Did you just change the video, was wondering what Swindon v Liverpool had to do with anything.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: Football has officially gone nuts. Promoted from League one and spending 8M(6M + add ons) on a player. Staggering.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It might seem a lot,but ulloa went for 8 million and he was 28 ish.
He will certainly score a fair few and more importantly he's an asset to the club as they'll recoup plenty back if they sell him.

Very good signing if it happens and most clubs are realising now that the ffp is a load of trash that will crumble in time :)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
One of the richest men in Britain, Steve Lansdowne. Find it hard to believe he's been genuinely surprised by the market rate for any player at this level.

This has all the signs of shit or bust for City.

I worked with SL back in the 80s before he made his zillions with HL. Bit like TB ( I suspect) it is a matter of principle; he doesn't like to think he has been legged over.

To save the Croydon goons from contributing, let's just summarise their inevitable views in one neat post (spelling/grammar intentional):

-hes one of the best strikers in the Premiership and were only selling because we have so many amazing strikers now we dont need him in are quest for Europe

-hes only young with massive potential

-you could of only dreamed of having him

-but we won't sell to you anyway

-he will smash up the championship this season

-he was a big success at selhurst park and not in any way a waste of money

-we don't care about money anyway now lalala

-Wilf play offs Wembley yadda yadda yadda
:yawn:

Does that about cover it?

You forgot a few

He'd only want to sign for a chairman with ambition
He only wants clubs who might make the premier league one day
He doesn't want to play for small clubs

That's about it Edna

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If I was a Bristol City fan I'd be thinking I'd dodged a bullet there. For that money they could do so much better.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
You forgot a few

He'd only want to sign for a chairman with ambition
He only wants clubs who might make the premier league one day
He doesn't want to play for small clubs

That's about it Edna

Yes it is very sad to have a chairman with no ambition, as he has only spend £200 million, which I understand is about 10 times what your fab 4 have invested, who want to sell the club at every opportunity. Think before you make silly comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here