Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March - Southampton

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
with all due respect have you been to the Amex this season ? Albeit the first game, there is a feeling of doom and gloom around the place......feel that P&R doesn't just apply to getting to matches !!!

Oh dear - no I have not been to the Amex recently, for obvious reasons. There is certainly a feeling of doom and gloom on here, but if this rumour has any legs, why did he sign a new contract not that long ago? Or is this doom and gloom just a recent phenomenon? If it is just a recent thing, I would hate for Solly to be being advised by people prone to knee-jerk reactions.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Ah the stock reply to anyone that don't agree with whatever is done.
Tell me where would we be with 12000 rattling around in the Amex every week?
I'll tell you. We would be ****ed. So a little bit invested in the team would also ensure that we all came back and spent our money like they want us to do.

and how about you give the club a chance,that would be good eh,no lets sign players for the sake of it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
agree, but even you must be getting slightly nervous as time ticks on?

I can't deny that! I'm really hoping that we will all be pleasantly surprised by the 'quality' of the incoming players. Maybe there are intense negotiating battles going on behind the scenes, I would hazard a guess very good players are courted by lots of teams. As Bloom said, he can get 6 players in tomorrow, but he is aiming for quality over quantity. We can only take him at his word.

If we have a relatively weakened squad still when the window shuts then I will be as annoyed as a lot of other people.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Are we having a Fire Sale ? ???

Must every player of value go ? ???

Kaz, CMS, and Ince to follow ?

If so, what is the reason ?

Is the club in financial difficulty ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
and how about you give the club a chance,that would be good eh,no lets sign players for the sake of it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think we're now well beyond the "signing players for the sake of it". The fact is that we desperately need new players and they need to be players of Championship quality. Anything less will probably mean that we will be relegated this year.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I think we're now well beyond the "signing players for the sake of it". The fact is that we desperately need new players and they need to be players of Championship quality. Anything less will probably mean that we will be relegated this year.

have a think about that..........do you think that we are doing exactly that?bring players that make a differance,now unless your a agent and know something i dont,things take time thats a given, wouldnt it be wise to wait and see how it pans out.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
have a think about that..........do you think that we are doing exactly that?bring players that make a differance,now unless your a agent and know something i dont,things take time thats a given, wouldnt it be wise to wait and see how it pans out.

We may well be negotiating for new players but whether we are doing so with the aim of making sensible offers for good quality players remains to be see. Feel free to bounce this if I'm wrong but I would be surprised if we signed anyone else of note before 1 Sept.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We may well be negotiating for new players but whether we are doing so with the aim of making sensible offers for good quality players remains to be see. Feel free to bounce this if I'm wrong but I would be surprised if we signed anyone else of note before 1 Sept.

well then that would be time to moan imo,not while it is certain a lot is going on behind the scenes that none of us know whats going on

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
well then that would be time to moan imo,not while it is certain a lot is going on behind the scenes that none of us know whats going on

Fair enough.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
revised 12 pages by noon,we are doomed i tell ya doomed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here