Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter To The Club

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and Mr Burke,

I live around 200 miles away from Brighton but I pay £45 a month to have a season ticket. I can't always make it and I can't always get someone to go in my place but I continue to pay my money as I figure it goes towards helping the club. I am not one for panic. But I like many Albion fans am getting a little worried.

I appreciate FFP is a chain around our clubs ankle, I appreciate that I know nothing about how transfers work, I appreciate you all work hard and want the best for our club. However the silence is at this moment not helping. It's leaving a vacum that is filled by false rumour upon false rumour, the dealing so far are looking like a club with a real financial problem. £15m or so in and very little out.

I am not asking for a grand statement but please be honest with us as it's starting to look like you don't really care about the fans (I don't believe this is true but your silent policy is making it look like that)!

Regards

Forster's Armband
Well,that's a good honest question,you have realised the problems the club have and you want answers...cannot argue with that...all you are saying is you want an honest answer from the club...sometimes,if the club threw all they're cards on the table you can get trumped, maybe it it is wise to keep the cards close to your chest as Tony seems to do,but do realise that it is infuriating not knowing what's going on behind the scenes.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Because it is the 7361st thread about the same topic. Bloom has said wait until the end of August and we'll have a decent squad so let's wait until then. If at that point the squad looks crap then by all means slag Burke and Bloom off. Some people think there should be a statement of intent EVERY day.

I don't think we need one everyday. We are selling selling selling and then taking McCourt on trial and signing O'Grady. They played in a team that got relegated. It's all seems a bit odd to me and as a paying fan/customer (whatever) I would like to know if we are being bullshitted too. I suspect we are not but none the less I am getting worried and like I said I am really not one for bed wetting.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I asked my girlfriend if she agreed with the OP. There followed an unspoken standoff which involved her saying "Yes" Pause. *I look her in the eye* "No?" Silence. Tears.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
These.

Please, just piss off and go support Chelsea.

This. Unfortunately. The club has a record of late transfer window signings. Those getting concerned should come back in September with the same grievances, I'm sure they'll get a lot of support from this board but the thing is, they won't need to, the club will have got the talent in. Patience is needed. I am frustrated at our lack of signings but I'd prefer we got the best deal & those deals are likely to happen towards the end of August or be loans in September.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder what the OP expects them to say? Haven't we just had a fan's forum?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't think we need one everyday. We are selling selling selling and then taking McCourt on trial and signing O'Grady. They played in a team that got relegated. It's all seems a bit odd to me and as a paying fan/customer (whatever) I would like to know if we are being bullshitted too. I suspect we are not but none the less I am getting worried and like I said I am really not one for bed wetting.

We had a fans forum a week or so ago plus an update from Barber shortly before that. Bloom has admitted he's disappointed not to have got one or two more players before the start of the season but to wait until the end of the transfer window. What on earth else is there to say at this point?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can see nothing wrong with the OP's post

Your right. It is pretty spot on. There are a few commas that could be inserted to indicate clauses but it reads OK without. The final exclamation mark should be inside the brackets but it is the start of the season.

All in all a request well worthy of paying Mr Barber an alleged £450,000 to answer.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Jesus that was a quick 3 pages - This could get very messy

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
I'm sure any response would go along the lines of
Look how far we come
Two seasons in top 6
Cutting costs
FFP
Training ground
Competitive squad
Nike deal
PL ready
Still 3 weeks till window closes

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your right. It is pretty spot on. There are a few commas that could be inserted to indicate clauses but it reads OK without. The final exclamation mark should be inside the brackets but it is the start of the season.

All in all a request well worthy of paying Mr Barber an alleged £450,000 to answer.

You're wrong about the exclamation mark.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

What a sentence. What is the justice in judging McCourt on trial? There are more therebut its the 100m final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here