Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He did play very well tonight but ultimately it was his mistake that made their goal a very easy chance to take, he should have stayed on his feet rather than diving in. Hopefully it will be another lesson for him as he is clearly a very, very talented player. Playing with Upson can only be good for him also.

I would still like to see Greer at the back with Upson, at least for the next few games anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a fan of Dunk but tonight he played well and apart from his missed tackle which gave them , their goal I thought that he was good not sure that I would prefer him to GG on Saturday as 1 swallow doesnt make a summer. Thought JFC had a good 1st half but faded in the 2nd

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
During the port vale game Aspinall said his biggest flaw is that he will switch off at least once a game, he then switched off twice in that game, the second leading to their goal to make it 1-1.

How fair is it to pin today's goal on him? It seems it was his man, and some people are saying it was his fault, Andy Naylor seems to suggest it was more about great play by the Hull player.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
How fair is it to pin today's goal on him? It seems it was his man, and some people are saying it was his fault, Andy Naylor seems to suggest it was more about great play by the Hull player.

Not fair at all. Hull are a Premier League team and showed that tonight. Their positioning and runs showed this, and had a strong side out. Dunk played really well today, showing why we all saw his potential at the start of 2011/2012. Shout out to Brezovan as well, nothing he could've done about that goal and once again showing that he isn't actually as bad as a keeper people think he is. He's just one of those players that can't play when it's a really big game (Liverpool, Stoke etc.) but can pull off a decent save. I was also glad he came and claimed crosses today rather than punching them out.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was momentarily confused before tonight's game when someone announced in Dick's that it would be "Duncan Upson starting" for the Albion.

Thought Dunk did pretty well. Might have got a bit tighter onto Sagbo for the goal: it's all ifs and buts. I quite liked his distribution of the ball, although it's been so long since we've seen him regularly that I may well be forgetting that it was a small flaw in his game in the past.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He did play very well tonight but ultimately it was his mistake that made their goal a very easy chance to take, he should have stayed on his feet rather than diving in. Hopefully it will be another lesson for him
I'm not sure he'll see it that way, as shortly after he did exactly the same thing, but this time blocked the shot. He thought the shot was coming, and if it had, and he'd stayed on his feet, they'd have scored. Sometimes you have to gamble.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He did play very well tonight but ultimately it was his mistake that made their goal a very easy chance to take, he should have stayed on his feet rather than diving in. Hopefully it will be another lesson for him as he is clearly a very, very talented player. Playing with Upson can only be good for him also.

I would still like to see Greer at the back with Upson, at least for the next few games anyway.

This.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Agree with this. Played ever so well today but was at fault for their goal, needed to stay on his feet. If Greer had done that NSC would have been in meltdown. Think next season could be his time!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Apart from the one moment he switched off for their goal, he had a great game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Played well most of the game and certainly did take his chance to impress. Chicksen wasnt bad either.

Brezovan certainly kept us in the game with a couple of great saves, couldnt have stopped the goal either. Expect him to be retained over Casper.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Thought he did very well, fantastic ball in the first half over the top for JFC, beautifully weighted, especially for a center back!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
People say Dunk switched off for the goal but you have to remember that his block in the last minute or so saved us from defeat so he redeemed himself. Most players make mistakes over the course of the game but amend their errors in one way or another and Dunk done that this evening.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I enjoyed his performance tonight. Hopefully his development is back on track and he is going to be a successor to Greer or Upson.

Was it his run late in the second half with JFC in support? If so, loved that.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am not a fan of Dunk but tonight he played well and apart from his missed tackle which gave them , their goal I thought that he was good not sure that I would prefer him to GG on Saturday as 1 swallow doesnt make a summer. Thought JFC had a good 1st half but faded in the 2nd
Agreed about Dunk, GG for me as a rule, but 7/10 on the night, would have been 9/10 if he hadnt done that league 1 slide instead of standing up when they scored. JFC to me lacks pace, and was with Andrews possibly the weak link,... but not too shabby for a much changed team.

I think JFC is going to go the way of Cox, in that he will move on in a season or two, and end up being a top lower league midfielder.... I just think his lack of pace and strength is going to get exposed the higher we go,... no doubt very skilled though.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
We have to get him more involved in first team affairs again. However, Greer & Upson can't be broken up at the moment. If we dropped out of play off contention I'd have him in alongside Upson, what better player for Dunk to learn from?

I'd be very suprised if he isn't in the first XI next season, hopefully alongside Upson.

I had a thought last night whilst we were watching that Upson masterclass as well. If we are worried he might be tempted away why don't we offer him a 2 year contract and coaching badge development as a show of faith. He just seems an amazingly good presence to have round the club and injuries permitting he's a shoe in to start next year.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

If he hadn't had dived in at the end to deflect that shot over the bar we would be out of the cup. So he can't win either way can he. Some people are never happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here