Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Littering

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
[MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] Post that picture from Preston Rock Gardens from Facebook, this morning. No takeaway rubbish but kids.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It maybe unprovable in court but these thick individuals who throw rubbish onto our streets don't know that

The other day while going Shopping a youth late teens on a push bike throws a half empty can of Stella into a bush I said don't do that pointing to a rubbish bin was less than ten feet away, smiling at me and through a burp he replied if you want it in the bin so bad why don't you put it there, which I did, I then said to same youth why do you this his response "it keeps somone in a job!" But who has to pay to clean up after you I asked his response was "don't know" I put it to him that we all pay he was oblivious to this as a fact the conversation continued until I reached the point that I realised nothing was going in so I just asked that in future he puts rubbish in the bin and we parted ways

Can't offer anything as brave as that but a few years ago I was behind another car and as we crawled over a level crossing a heap of half-eaten fish and chips plus wrapping shot out of the passenger's window.

I memorised the reg and when I got home emailed the police. Expected nothing back but a few weeks later an officer rang me to say that, yes, I was right that it was hardly an axe murder but they had checked the reg out and discovered the car wasn't taxed or insured. The driver was being done. Expensive fish chips - joy.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Great idea.

Problem is that in central Brighton at least the bins are generally over-flowing and it is a real pain to get anything else into them. Same with the fag butt receptacles. Needs the Council to make sure that the bins etc are emptied regularly then there really is no excuse.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
[MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] Post that picture from Preston Rock Gardens from Facebook, this morning. No takeaway rubbish but kids.

2 full bags from the Rockery this morning. Kids back to school, they all gather in the Rockery after school and we end up with crap everywhere, It's times like this that you pray for rain.

litter.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It maybe unprovable in court but these thick individuals who throw rubbish onto our streets don't know that

The other day while going Shopping a youth late teens on a push bike throws a half empty can of Stella into a bush I said don't do that pointing to a rubbish bin was less than ten feet away, smiling at me and through a burp he replied if you want it in the bin so bad why don't you put it there, which I did, I then said to same youth why do you this his response "it keeps somone in a job!" But who has to pay to clean up after you I asked his response was "don't know" I put it to him that we all pay he was oblivious to this as a fact the conversation continued until I reached the point that I realised nothing was going in so I just asked that in future he puts rubbish in the bin and we parted ways

F**kin cyclists.

Earlier in the summer I dropped into Morrison's with it's almost empty car park.
As I arrived Mr White Van Man opened his door and threw an empty bottle of pop under his van.
I was able to get in front of him before he left.
I then preceded to make a proper hash of parking next to him, a good 6 point reverse park.
When I finally completed my this oh so taxing park, matey stayed long enough to give me a withering look.
Giving me enough time to say:-

"See you did have time to put that bottle in the bin".

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Hey, why not create an international compulsory register of DNA.
All litter found will be analysed and the offender made to pay the full cost of the DNA analysis / forensics.
Eating with gloves on to be forbidden too.

DNA register could be useful for solving other "crimes" too ...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyway, ink jetting outer packaging would be OK then?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
2 full bags from the Rockery this morning. Kids back to school, they all gather in the Rockery after school and we end up with crap everywhere, It's times like this that you pray for rain.

View attachment 100375

Thanks. Kids should be taught from a young age, to find a bin or take it home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here