[Albion] Bissouma or Gross

Bissouma or Gross

• Bissouma

Votes: 60 43.2%
  • Gross

Votes: 79 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gross has to play , Propper hasn't shown any attacking ability whatsoever as far as iv'e seen , time for a change ,considering how quickly Bissouma managed to get himself back into a defensive position from attack i would pick him over Propper rather than Gross .

People forget Propper plays as a striker in a two man attack when playing for his country so if anything i blame CH for not playing him in his favoured role...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought that too but only from TV. No pundits mentioned it.

There were only two of our players that were at fault for their second goal and that was:
Knockaert for his attempt at skill on the edge of our penalty area, followed by his weakness in the tackle
And then Duffy for inexplicably backing off when he should have closed down Perreria rather than let him have a free run on goal and a shot from about eight yards out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Christ if anyone gets dropped it's got to be Stephens or propped as these two offer nothing in attack and we need more attacking.
I'd drop Stephens:)
Thank Fate that someone else has noticed that the untouchable Propper-Stephens midfield partnership needs a massive boot up the backside.

Drop them both. Free the Bissouma-Kayal axis.

Can Bissouma head the ball? because on last seasons showing Gross can’t / won’t!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if he can maybe he can team up with locadia and give hime some leasons - then we might end up finally getting some speed attacking force.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Groß all day. Madness to think otherwise. The man was responsible for 15 Albion goals last season. Would have been relegated with ease without him. 1 poor game at Watford away doesn’t justify dropping our most productive attacking asset.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Christ if anyone gets dropped it's got to be Stephens or propped as these two offer nothing in attack and we need more attacking.
I'd drop Stephens:)

Successful teams these days have one or two 'sitters', defensive midfielders, who in their role necessarily offer nothing in attack.

That still leaves 4 or 5 other players with pace, to attack and counter attack. This should give more than enough threat to win games, whilst protecting the back 4.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Groß all day. Madness to think otherwise. The man was responsible for 15 Albion goals last season. Would have been relegated with ease without him. 1 poor game at Watford away doesn’t justify dropping our most productive attacking asset.
It's madness.

A hero ( player of the season ) does not go to a Scapegoat zero ( this poll ) in 90 minutes.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I dont see why both cant play in the same team at the same time ... Gross partnered with Bissouma , Propper or Kayal with Stephens sitting in behind them as a holding midfielder protecting D & D , gives the extra man in midfield but also more freedom for the two to join the striker and get forward ... just my opinion anyway go 4-1-4-1 or some may see it as 4-5-1 but the idea is to give more freedom to the midfielders to break forward when they can

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have just spoken to somebody who went on Saturday who thought that Maty should have done better with their 2nd goal, which killed us off. Any comments

Have you not seen the goal yourself, from multiple angles on MotD, or elsewhere on TV? If so, you have a much better basis to apportion blame, than anybody who saw it once live. What do YOU think?

There were only two of our players that were at fault for their second goal and that was:
Knockaert for his attempt at skill on the edge of our penalty area, followed by his weakness in the tackle
And then Duffy for inexplicably backing off when he should have closed down Perreria rather than let him have a free run on goal and a shot from about eight yards out.

Personally, I agree with this post.

Duffy's actions were most out of character - you'd expect him to have moved towards the player and make a much better job of a block. Once the shot was unleashed from 8 yards or so, there was very little Ryan could do about it.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A change of formation and both IMO . . .but as has already been said it's way too early to make a fully informed decision.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Though Gross was pretty anonymous on Saturday, and Bissouma promising in his cameo, I'm not sure this is the most urgent change needed, or the one to pin all hopes and focus on.

My view on the priorities is:
1 – Options for Murray and March (ie Andone and AJ, even if we need to jiggle wingers).
2 – Montoya at RB (rather than "Bernardo-can-cover-at-RB")
3 – A rethink of the Stephens/Propper/Gross dynamic to include Bissouma.

Yup - would amend Andone and AJ to Andone/Locadia and AJ/JI. If Bossouma is a puzzle to fit in, then Locadia even more so.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We are far too cautious away from home whoever the opposition.

I think that comes down as much to our quality rather than systems. We pretty much set up as we do at home, only the more we let the opposition have the ball, the deeper we are and the only way out is quality in possession and speed on the break. At home we are stronger because the opposition are on the back foot and we are naturally more attacking. Too often away our final ball or close passing in the final third is lacking. I don't think this is a system or tactical deficiency it is about the players being more confident, braver and stepping up. We saw away to Stoke last season they can do it, but when pressed, we struggle to retain possession. Hopefully they will step up and the new signings will have an impact, but Watford for me signalled we still need that quality on the ball away from home rather than it being systems or tactics.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I dont see why both cant play in the same team at the same time ... Gross partnered with Bissouma , Propper or Kayal with Stephens sitting in behind them as a holding midfielder protecting D & D , gives the extra man in midfield but also more freedom for the two to join the striker and get forward ... just my opinion anyway go 4-1-4-1 or some may see it as 4-5-1 but the idea is to give more freedom to the midfielders to break forward when they can

Nailed it. 3 in CM - Gross, Bissouma and an out and out DM.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here