Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenneth Zohore

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So now you think a 7 figure sum is exactly £9,999,999? Instead of being a number somewhere between £1,000,000 and £9,999,999?

Anything is better than admitting you made a mistake.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not made a mistake but I would think it was very near the high end of 7 figures as opposed to £1m
For the love of God, stop digging.

BensGrandad said:
But The Argus said a 7 figure bid submitted which would be £10m or more, so presumably we offered £10m and they want more.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Don't really see how them winning has anything to do with it. We obviously want him, IF we meet their valuation and IF the player wants to come he will be a BHAFC player by the 31st of August.

They have thoughts of promotion themselves now, they're top of the league. So they must be very tempted to not sell and keep going with what they have. If nothing else, their valuation will be going up

Like with us and Stephens, if we reckoned we were just going to be a mid-table team last year we'd have definitely sold, but we had designs on promotion and wanted to keep him

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
if Zohore is now our current target for a striker, I would love to know is he choice a,b,c, or x,y,z in the list of our well prepared recruitment team.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
if Zohore is now our current target for a striker, I would love to know is he choice a,b,c, or x,y,z in the list of our well prepared recruitment team.

Bit negative, but I do kind of agree. If this was/is a priority target then surely we could have brought him in a couple months ago and he could be settled.

Can't imagine this guy qualifies in the 'waiting until as late as possible to bring in the best possible targets' line of thinking.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Bit negative, but I do kind of agree. If this was/is a priority target then surely we could have brought him in a couple months ago and he could be settled.

Can't imagine this guy qualifies in the 'waiting until as late as possible to bring in the best possible targets' line of thinking.

Agreed

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I see your point, however to be fair to the recruitment team the fees this summer have been absolutely mental and it wouldn't surprise me if all the targets we had have become way out of our price range due to the sudden hyper inflation. I don't think anyone no matter how well researched you are could have predicted what has happened this summer in regards to transfer fees

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I see your point, however to be fair to the recruitment team the fees this summer have been absolutely mental and it wouldn't surprise me if all the targets we had have become way out of our price range due to the sudden hyper inflation. I don't think anyone no matter how well researched you are could have predicted what has happened this summer in regards to transfer fees

I know what you mean about the rise in fees but I hate to say this, Huddersfield did their work early and brought in two foreign strikers, they may turn out to be sh*te or great but either is better than no reinforcements at all. If Hemed or Murray get injured what happens then?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But The Argus said a 7 figure bid submitted which would be £10m or more
God bless you BG

EDIT - OMG, it didn't end there...
£9,999,999 £1 short of £10m they obviously value him at and want over £10m
Not made a mistake but I would think it was very near the high end of 7 figures as opposed to £1m
:lolol:

BG, you got it wrong. It's no biggie, it looked like a very small mistake, we all make them.
A 7 figure bid is between £1m and just under £10m. It cannot be £10m or more.

Get it?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I, on the other hand, don't want to know.

No doubt the same could be said of some of the signings that got us promoted.

At least there's 9 days left still, so we're not into Manu territory yet.
CMS, FWIW, was first choice.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I, on the other hand, don't want to know.

No doubt the same could be said of some of the signings that got us promoted.

At least there's 9 days left still, so we're not into Manu territory yet.
CMS, FWIW, was first choice.

Is Diego Costa still unsettled.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here