Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield V Newcastle

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've not gone through the thread but I'm assuming some people are comparing Hudds start to ours and panicking

Let's be honest, they've done really well and done the maximum that can be expected in winning those games but their first two games are in a different UNIVERSE to ours.

They've faced a Palace team who are being asked to play in a completely different style and were a SHAMBLES on day one. That's not taking away from Huddersfield as they clearly played well, but Palace are a mess.

And then Newcastle at home, my word. What a lovely fixture to have with the state of that club at the moment.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I've not gone through the thread but I'm assuming some people are comparing Hudds start to ours and panicking

Let's be honest, they've done really well and done the maximum that can be expected in winning those games but their first two games are in a different UNIVERSE to ours.

They've faced a Palace team who are being asked to play in a completely different style and were a SHAMBLES on day one. That's not taking away from Huddersfield as they clearly played well, but Palace are a mess.

And then Newcastle at home, my word. What a lovely fixture to have with the state of that club at the moment.

Let me save you the time

Huddersfield = Barcelona or title winning Leicester
Brighton = DOOMED with our rubbish signings and negative play

All good points you raise which I agree with but sense is out of the window on here at the moment as the doom and gloom merchants are out in force

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let me save you the time

Huddersfield = Barcelona or title winning Leicester
Brighton = DOOMED with our rubbish signings and negative play

All good points you raise which I agree with but sense is out of the window on here at the moment as the doom and gloom merchants are out in force

Exactly. Hull did the same, and in a previous season I remember Blackpool going to Wigan on the first day and battering them 4-0. Both went down. I would LOVE Huddersfield to stay up (as long as it's not at our expense) but personally, I still reckon Huddersfield will go down, and we won't.

I'll pay more attention to the table after ten games - until then, it's pretty meaningless.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Did you not notice that we were without Stephens and Baldock, and played Norwood with Kayal in the centre? That's why they outplayed us on that one day. They weren't generally outplaying the top sides. They lost at home to Newcastle last season, they didn't even win a playoff game in normal or extra time.

They've started this season well with two good results, albeit against poor opposition (Newcastle missing Shelvey).

Yes did notice all that Trig? We will be ok, just need to be more direct.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Going off at a bit of a tangent, but Barber and co convinced Ben Thatcher off Royal Blood to carry out the away kit launch, wonder if Hudds did the same using this musical maestro?
https://youtu.be/x7WdvzITaLk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here