Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soufyan Ahannach signs on a three-year deal

Lush

Mods' Pet
There's going to be a lot of squabbles over who's going to take the free kicks.

And the opposition goalies are never going to be able to remember all the information that the goalkeeping coaches are going to have to give them.

This is GOOD.

albionite

May 20, 2009
As we seem to be shopping in the Belgium and Dutch leagues we should make a cheeky bid for Donny van de Beek.

Not sure Ajax would let him go for cheap

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Presumably he'll be named in the 25-man squad if he's listed as a first team signing and born before 1/1/1996, is this the end for Skalak?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Presumably he'll be named in the 25-man squad if he's listed as a first team signing and born before 1/1/1996, is this the end for Skalak?
Could be. Or Murphy.

4 left sided wingers don't fit into a 25 man squad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I have an inkling Hughton may try and keep room for Skalak. I know he rates him and thinks we will get the best out of him in the Premier League. He doesn't have to play on the wing either, can also perform as an inside forward.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When subs are made it's usually the opposition team that I shout 'Who'? At this rate, it's going to be when the Albion does.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not clearcut that he is going straight into the 25. In a similar position to Normann and Mateju it seems.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15466007.amp/

This article on the club website suggests he's going straight into the first team, I don't remember them saying similar when Normann and Mateju joined.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/august/albion-sign-dutch-youngster/

That said it would be quite the step up from the Dutch second tier to the Premier League so it wouldn't surprise me to see him out on loan at least till January. Plus he needs to be named in the 25 man squad if he doesn't go out on loan and we want to use him in the Premier League.

I wonder if we might see the likes of Normann, Mateju and Ahannach in the 2nd round of the League Cup before any final decision is made on a loan move.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have an inkling Hughton may try and keep room for Skalak. I know he rates him and thinks we will get the best out of him in the Premier League. He doesn't have to play on the wing either, can also perform as an inside forward.

I think you will be proved correct.

Izquierdo seems like a faster & more skilled upgraded version of Murphy; with March as back up we don't need him now. I've always had Skalak down as a right midfielder or inside forward (as you say).

Murph for the chop?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here