Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's quite funny how those that call us thick are in fact the thick ones.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
New poll:

CON: 43% (+1)
LAB: 33% (-1)
LDEM: 11% (+2)
UKIP: 4% (-)
GRN: 3% (-1)

(via @TNS_UK / 25 - 30 May)
LOL... because that very accurately reflects public opinion over the past few days, doesn't it...?!

No problem with dyed in the wool Tories but the idea that anyone, literally any ONE, could have been persuaded to make up their mind during the last few days and vote for Theresa May is very funny.

The polls with the big Tory lead still in place are wrong. They obviously have a lead but it is shrinking fast, day by day and hour by hour at the moment..

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So today May has slated Corbyn for his constant TV appearances when asked why she was sending Rudd in her place on tonights debate.

She has said Corbyn should be focusing on coming up with a plan for Brexit. That's rich coming from the woman who called for this ****ing General Election.

It sounds like she is losing the plot?!

IMO she shouldn't have called an election in the first place in the middle of the brexit talks. How she has the gall to criticise Corbyn for trying to win the election she called is beyond me.

Hopefully she will follow her own advice and stay locked up for the next 18 months trying hard to come up with a plan.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What can I say. Those are not facts, an opinion I grant you. I had a tear in my eye, bring on JC.

Why would we know any facts about any of them? It's a negotiation, but its very nature it will be a changing set of concessions from either side.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
LOL... because that very accurately reflects public opinion over the past few days, doesn't it...?!

No problem with dyed in the wool Tories but the idea that anyone, literally any ONE, could have been persuaded to make up their mind during the last few days and vote for Theresa May is very funny.

The polls with the big Tory lead still in place are wrong. They obviously have a lead but it is shrinking fast, day by day and hour by hour at the moment..

Nope. You're just yet another ridiculously biased looney who is unable to ever be objective, even for an instant.

May, by her own standards, put in a good performance with Paxman and that will have helped Conservative support after a very dodgy spell indeed.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

IMO she shouldn't have called an election in the first place in the middle of the brexit talks. How she has the gall to criticise Corbyn for trying to win the election she called is beyond me.

Hopefully she will follow her own advice and stay locked up for the next 18 months trying hard to come up with a plan.

She didn't need to call an election, she had a workable majority and the fact that she had repeated multiple times she wouldn't do so has always been baggage for her in the campaign

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That is basically it. She calls a snap election ahead of vital Brexit negotiations, and has the audacity to suggest the opposition don't have time to get ready! Pathetic. Then blames the opposition in parliament for being the opposition, i.e. putting the views of their voters, us, parliament representing us all, in the way of her doing what she wants! Ridiculous that democracy and the social contract with the people should get in the way of her doing what she wants...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why would we know any facts about any of them? It's a negotiation, but its very nature it will be a changing set of concessions from either side.

This i totally agree with you on.
Unfortunately i do not trust JC with our own economy, let alone Brexit. I have stated that i am not too fond of May in this respect, though definitely better on our home economy.
So there you have it, both opinions, both different.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

We shall see. The polls are all over the place at the moment. You can't compare like-for-like as they are using different methodologies.

YouGov have just updated their daily projection:

Between now and 8th June, we will publish daily voting intentions with seat estimates for each of the 650 Parliamentary constituencies, based on YouGov’s aggregated statistical election model. Each day, we conduct at least 5,000 interviews with registered voters from the YouGov panel - today’s update includes 9,083 interviews conducted on 30th May as part of 53,464 interviews in the previous seven days. Based on analysis of key demographics, past voting behaviour, and the likely turnout among different demographic groups, we use this data to estimate voting in each constituency. As this is a national model, it does not account for specific local factors that may shape the vote in some seats.

voting.png

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2017/

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm sure they can defend themselves but both have gone on record as saying they won't vote Tory. Soulman won't say but we all know it's UKIP. I'm sure Bozza said Lib Dem.

What they do have in common is a dislike of the Labour Party that's very similar to my dislike of the Tories. That's honestly fair enough.

Fair enough.... As long as even the hardened Tories can see how some of their policies in this manifesto are bonkers...

UKIP :facepalm:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can never understand the Tory vote unless you are a wealthy business owner who doesn't care about the under privileged in society.

Too much is made of the image of each leader rather than the manifesto. Although I thought Corbyn came across considerably better than stuttering u-turning May. However i am willing to vote for whoever has the best manifesto and this year it seems that the Tories are hanging themselves.

We all want what’s best for the country… [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] please could you explain to me how any good can be seen with some of the Tory manifesto.

Stopping of school lunches

Removal of the Ivory Trade ban

Reductions of the winter fuel allowance

Dementia tax (I can slightly understand this one)

For my sanity and to also highlight that you guys just don’t vote blue for the sake of it can you please at least comment on the 4 pledges above?

I would also really like to hear a handful of Tory manifesto pledges you like?

I would rather Corbyn negotiate Brexit. Unfortunately we are have to negotiate a Brexit deal. I would rather Corbyn do that than a ‘Stubborn, Awkward’ woman like May. We are in no position with the EU to be awkward and stubborn and I feel this may cost us. No deal would be an absolute disaster. I read that we wouldn’t even be able to land commercial planes to these countries.

What is a bad deal exactly? Is that a deal that is worse than the one we currently have being part of the EU? I can assure you we will not be getting a better deal than we currently have as we have to be made an example of. So a bad deal seems guaranteed? Does this subsequently mean that we won’t therefore make a deal?

The only thing that is remarkable is that you have me marked as a Tory voter after everything I've written on this thread.

I have a significant dislike for myopic "vote for a pig with a red rosette" types, of which we have a fair few here and I'll be unapologetically unrelenting in going after them.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
The only thing that is remarkable is that you have me marked as a Tory voter after everything I've written on this thread.

I have a significant dislike for myopic "vote for a pig with a red rosette" types, of which we have a fair few here and I'll be unapologetically unrelenting in going after them.

My bad... i read through a lot of pages in a short time and it was these comments that maybe me think this... I realise it was more of a dig at [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] :lol:

If so, it's not much different to the ridiculous shite that the left, including loons like [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION], trawl up to try and smear various Conservatives.

I'm coming round to the view that maybe we broadly get the politics, and the politicians, we deserve.

So many treat the whole thing in a manner not dissimilar to the way the tabloids treat various personalities.

Mainly because [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] seems to be the worst kind of left-blinkered hypocrite. And it amuses me, of course. I might place the quote on the top of the site for the next 10 days or so - it will save me having to dig it out a few times a day.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Pretty top notch stunt by Corbo with the debate.
He should wear a chicken suit a la the Matt Santos campaign in the West Wing.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
May, by her own standards, put in a good performance with Paxman and that will have helped Conservative support after a very dodgy spell indeed.

I think it was comments like this that made me think you were a Tory. What were you watching? I saw a TM that squirmed, stuttered and looked increasing uncomfortable with Paxmans questioning and as usually provided absolutely no fact. What the **** is a bad deal? No brexit deal would be calamitous for this country. I am not a big fan or JC but he was head and shoulders above TM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here