Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Elvis Manu.....

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I don't know why, but I DO feel a bit sorry for Manu, or to give him his full name, Manu-Offsideagain. He should probably never have signed as he's just not good enough. I guess he thought he'd get his chance but even when that has come, he just hasn't stepped up sufficiently well. I reckon he's the sort of player who could be a success at another club, sometimes people just don't fit at a club for no apparent reason. Who was that shite loanee who ended up at Swindon where he still is? I reckon Manu-Offsideagain is better than he was, so maybe a lower-half Championship club might be interested in him?

Jonathon Obeka..

Im afraid Manu with his actions/ mannerisms either thinks he is owed a living or he really cant be arsed,
If he is on the bench against Villa just watch his warm up.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Just not working out for him,however both parties signed the 3 year (,i think) contract,i guess his value,in fee and wages have dropped. Will he leave for footballing reasons........i think not !!!! We will have to pay him off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Elvis doesn't even make the U23s tonight who give runouts to March, Towell, LuaLua and Pocognoli.

Will be on Seagulls Player.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
When you are out of the team with little or no chance of playing other than perhaps a few minutes towards the end of a game, it must be difficult to stay motivated and part of the group. However this is where the manager gets to see the character and determination of the individual, some players will relax into accepting their lot, whereas others will double their efforts to either force their way back into the team, or to ensure they are ready to grasp the chance if someone is injured to ensure they stay in the team when they get there.
The difference between winners and top players and average players.

Spot on. See Goldson (C).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Elvis doesn't even make the U23s tonight who give runouts to March, Towell, LuaLua and Pocognoli.

To be fair Albion can only field 3 outfield over- age players - ie: Poco (29), Towell (25) and LuaLua (25) so someone would have had to miss out.
March is still 22.
Goldson (23) and Uwe (30) who have had very few minutes recently don't make it either.
I guess a fair few of them will turn up in the Wimbledon cup match next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Face it, no player associated with The Netherlands (no matter how daft or derivative the name might look on the back of a replica shirt) is going to make it at the Albion anytime soon. Judged by the uniformally piss-poor quality of the imports we get shipped out to us, Eredivisie must be the softest league in the Western world.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Face it, no player associated with The Netherlands (no matter how daft or derivative the name might look on the back of a replica shirt) is going to make it at the Albion anytime soon. Judged by the uniformally piss-poor quality of the imports we get shipped out to us, Eredivisie must be the softest league in the Western world.

Schteeve McLaren won the title there. Enough said.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

They're not very fond of dispossessing the opposition over there. Or breaking into a stride.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair Albion can only field 3 outfield over- age players - ie: Poco (29), Towell (25) and LuaLua (25) so someone would have had to miss out.
March is still 22.
But Elvis only turned 23 recently, isn't he automatically eligible?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Definitely not a league you can trust, but there are good players to be had (Virgil Van Dijk about to move for £40 million...?). You've clearly got to know it pretty well though, and not just rely on stats.

It's not just our level (Bergkamp, Manu, Holla, etc) where you can get burned - £17m Jansen at Spurs has disappointed, and Man United are trying to find a buyer for Memphis Depay, to recoup some of their losses on him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Definitely not a league you can trust, but there are good players to be had (Virgil Van Dijk about to move for £40 million...?). You've clearly got to know it pretty well though, and not just rely on stats.

It's not just our level (Bergkamp, Manu, Holla, etc) where you can get burned - £17m Jansen at Spurs has disappointed, and Man United are trying to find a buyer for Memphis Depay, to recoup some of their losses on him.

Not too unlike the situation in Scotland in some ways. Take Celtic & Rangers out of the SPL, and there isn't a lot of quality left. Same in the Eredvisie, with Ajax. Feyenoord, and perhaps PSV.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Not too unlike the situation in Scotland in some ways. Take Celtic & Rangers out of the SPL, and there isn't a lot of quality left. Same in the Eredvisie, with Ajax. Feyenoord, and perhaps PSV.

There isn't any quality in the SPL full stop. I can only think of Dembele out of any SPL team who would get into our team. Rangers would struggle in league one and Celtic would be mid table in the championship as it stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here