Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are your top 5 BUCKET LIST stadiums to visit before you croak ?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Great thread [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10

I'd go further and say that what game would make a difference to my selection process because some stadia are moribund and ordinary then come alive for certain fixtures or occasions therefore in no particular order of preference:

1. St James's Park for the Tyne/Wear derby.
2. Camp Nou for El Classico. (Have been to Camp Nou for a tour and ordinary game but it was a bit meh.)
3. Stadio Dragao for Porto v Benfica
4. Dortmund for ANY fixture
5. MCG for an Ashes Boxing day test

Been to the reverse fixture many times at the SOL and without wanting to say my derby is better than your derby the atmosphere is electric (especially before the game in the city) hair on the back of your neck stuff and you can feel the hatred in the air. I have also been to Old Trafford for Man U Liverpool (around 9 years ago) and got to say that was a great day out as well even though I dislike both teams.

For me:
AT&T Stadium for any NFC East game (especially a win against the Giants)
Camp Nou for El Clasico
Wimbledon Mens Final (my parents went to the first Murray final which he lost and said it was still one of the greatest events they have been to)
Madison Square Garden (not sure which fight, currently would have to be GGG)
Augusta National the final day behind the ropes following Speith

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Yes still half built, no plans to work on it anytime soon either. Don't think it's easy for them to start work where they left off either, more likely to be demolished than finished :eek:
Which would be a shame ,it is very impressive on the outside.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
tempstad-aerial-101915-1-001--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

880x550_0004_Exterior_Front_norseman.jpg

Mind you, THIS bad boy opens in Minneapolis next season - the US Bank Stadium. I think I might swap the San Siro for this one.

The Vikes :bowdown:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1. San Siro for football
2. MCG for cricket
3. Madison Square Garden for hockey
4. AT&T Stadium for NFL
5. MGM Grand Arena for boxing

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I think the thread title is perfectly self explanatory, so lets get on with it. Ideally to actually see a GAME of course, not just visit the club shop.

1. Target Field (Minnesota Twins)
2. The Bernabeu
3. The Maracana
4. AT&T Stadium (Dallas Cowboys)
5. San Siro

Yup, I reckons in that order of preference, thats my list. There's plenty more I'd LOVE to see of course, but its my thread, so its top 5 only (imagine you only have a month left and you have a severe yeast infection, or something).

Next ?

Morning, Tell me more about Target Field please. I will have opportunity to get out there. The company I work for is based in Eagan. Cheers

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't believe Old Trafford has been mentioned on this thread. The only thing I enjoyed about going there was leaving early.

Oh and pissing all over the shiny glass frontage on the way out.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Just 10 premier to do with BHA and Gigg Lane somehow escaped me. Not sure which I will get to do first?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Sports City Stadium, Doha
Al Khor Stadium, Al Khor
Education City Stadium, Al Rayyan
Lusail Iconic Stadium, Al Daayen
Qatar University Stadium, Doha
said no one ever

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm interested in your #1 choice above the others. I don't think many would put TF ahead of the others you list so why do you rate that one so highly?

I went to Target Field for a night game 3 years ago and although it had a good atmosphere and there is an interesting city skyline backdrop I don't think I'd have had it in my top 5 must see.

The Twins are my adopted baseball team, I watch them whenever I can online so I am just GAGGING to get to a game there. Target Field is a new(ish) ballpark, and seems widely acknowledged as one of the finest ballparks in MLB. Hoping to get there later this year for a few games, and to stock up on some TAT from their store of course :thumbsup:

Morning, Tell me more about Target Field please. I will have opportunity to get out there. The company I work for is based in Eagan. Cheers

Looks like [MENTION=1636]LowKarate[/MENTION] is your guy.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Lovely thread.

1. New Wembley with the Albion.

2. A big match at the San Siro.

3. Would love to go to the Masters but can't see that ever happening.

4. Benfica for derby against Sporting Club or Porto

5. The new Stade Vélodrome. I will actually be ticking that one off in a few weeks for the Europa League match against Athletic Bilbao. I can't wait!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Any one who puts down anything in Europe should get around to doing something with their life.
In this modern internet age tickets can be purchased for most games, including Barca & Real Madrid. Flights and hotels are also cheap. Just do it one day.

Me? Having seen NBA in Memphis and astounded at the way the Yanks present a game with all the rasamatas, wouldn't mind an American Football game, any stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here