Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should i let my 13 year old son wear his Chelsea kit to the game at the Amex?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm going to go against the full force of NSC and say YES let him wear his Chelsea shirt to the game.

But he must wear the shirt so that it is on full display for the whole day. This should ensure that when he approaches the stand entrance he is refused entry, and he has to sit outside the Amex for the duration of the game, and has 2 hours or so to think about the errors of his ways.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?

It's a non-starter. Why are you even asking?:dunce:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I managed to get me and my 13 year old son tickets to the Chelsea game at the Amex for his birthday, but there is an issue! I am a Brighton fan and have been for many many years, however, my son is a Chelsea fan (has been since about 4 years old, and i have tried to convert him but he's having none of it!). We have both been to the Amex on several occassions, and we both love the atmosphere, facilities etc, but this game is a big one for him. Deep down i think he thinks that Chelsea are gonna smash us all over the park, which i don't think they will, but as support for his team he wants to wear his Chelsea kit (although i would imaging its gonna be Baltic and he will be wearing a coat, scarf etc). We are sitting in with the home fans and i was just wondering what you lovely people of NSC thought about the idea of him sitting amongst us with the wrong kit on and cheering on the wrong team?
How the **** did you let that happen?

No of course he can’t wear a bloody Chelsea top in the Brighton end.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The game is in January isn't it?

He can wear the Chelsea shirt - it'll be under several layers and no one will be any the wiser.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I think it’s very sad that football can’t cater for friends and family to enjoy a match together if they support different teams. I’ve been to some away fixtures in the “wrong end” notably Forest a few times with my Dad (neutral), brother and niece (both Forest). It’s not great having to keep quiet although I couldn’t help myself when Ulloa scores that goal. The other recent occasion was hospitality at Burnley when the compère asked beforehand if there were any Brighton fans - I was the only one.
Don’t wear the opposing team’s shirt though - it’ll just attract idiots.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think it’s very sad that football can’t cater for friends and family to enjoy a match together if they support different teams. I’ve been to some away fixtures in the “wrong end” notably Forest a few times with my Dad (neutral), brother and niece (both Forest). It’s not great having to keep quiet although I couldn’t help myself when Ulloa scores that goal. The other recent occasion was hospitality at Burnley when the compère asked beforehand if there were any Brighton fans - I was the only one.
Don’t wear the opposing team’s shirt though - it’ll just attract idiots.

This is the thing though isn't it. It isn't particularly difficult to go to games if you support different teams. In the past, I've watched the Albion with friends and family at plenty of grounds without trouble, I've never had to show that I was passionate for the home team BUT, even as a kid, I always understood that nobody likes to have things rubbed in their faces and to show a little bit of respect to those around me.

If this isn't a troll (which it looks like tbh) then just tell the kid that he can't sit in the home end with a Chelsea kit. He's 13 FFS.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
**** off you palace ****.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apart from the stupidity of the question in the first place, game will be a sellout, so he’s also depriving a BHA fan of a seat.

Let him wear it, and let him cheer when Chelsea score. The dogs abuse and then being chucked out will be a good lesson for him.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
"He's only 13 - I guess it could be alright" has popped up a few times... Jesus, like an earlier poster said he's 13 not 5. And even then, my son has just turned 9 and knows full well you can't wear another team's shirt in the home end. It's just wrong, whether it's Chelsea or Barcelona, it's just stupid. See the odd barca shirt and he always says "look at that kid there, why's he wearing that?".

A 13 year old. A teenager. Wants to wear a Chelsea shirt. I seriously don't get it - surely he's old enough to be aware he'll get some shit for it!??

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
A few years ago when my son was about 7/8 a visitor to the house asked him who he supported. He said Brighton but then said 'I want to support Chelsea but my dad won't let me'.
He's 100% Brighton now - brainwashing complete, you just have to persevere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A few years ago when my son was about 7/8 a visitor to the house asked him who he supported. He said Brighton but then said 'I want to support Chelsea but my dad won't let me'.
:lol: quite right too. And after saying it, I trust you stuck him in the cupboard for an hour, before making him apologise in front of everyone.

I didn't have a problem, my kids supported Brighton before they knew who Chelsea were. I taught them that decent people support their local team, and glory hunting idiots support big clubs they have no connection with.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
:lol: quite right too. And after saying it, I trust you stuck him in the cupboard for an hour, before making him apologise in front of everyone.

I didn't have a problem, my kids supported Brighton before they knew who Chelsea were. I taught them that decent people support their local team, and glory hunting idiots support big clubs they have no connection with.

Well, part of the problem is Brighton is not the local team - it's Reading. But was very disappointed as he had had a season ticket for a couple of years by then. Turned out alright in the end.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 12.52.48.png

My Norwich living nephew decided he was supporting Man City a few years back during the heady heights of their success (familiar story eh). I told him on numerous occasions that he'd get more out of being a supporter if he actually went to games - local games, for local people...Now, he's a Norwich STH, goes to many aways etc - he made the switch before it was too late!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is one of those situations I struggle to understand. I just don't see how a child grows up supporting a different side to their parents.

Really? Happened with me, and all seems perfectly normal to me.

My dad was born and brought up in Croydon, and chose to support his local team, Crystal Palace.
By the time I was born, we were living in Portslade, with my brother and I supporting our local team, Brighton.

Why should that be difficult to understand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here