Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Forget the dog metaphor it’s irrelevant, this matter is about power.

This woman was iimprisoned by the Iranians for whatever reason they want, sad but true.

She is a pawn in a political game and if BJ had said she was innocent consistently for as long as he was foreign minister she would still be in prison.

There will be a concession that will release her but that is secretive t, and we won’t know what it is; you may want to roll over to let her out but HM Govt evidently doesn’t.

Think about it.

Sorry but you don't seem to be able to follow reason. I'm out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe there could be another scenario - what if Corbyn actually won? How long would he remain PM I wonder. In 1981 moderate Andrew Mckintosh lead Labour to victory in the 1981 Greater London Council elections. However, within 24 hours he was deposed and replaced with Ken Livingstone. Could that happen again as John McDonnell was a close ally to Ken and was the finance chair following the Livingstone coup! Could that happen again with Corbyn sidelined and being replaced by perhaps Mcdonnell giving the UK a Marxist PM? Is that the Momentum's plan? Far fetched maybe but then strange things are happening in politics these days look at Trump winning!!!!!

If labour wins it will be down to Jezza. I can't see momentum replacing him, let alone with eee bah gum sparehead three.

For what it is worth I suspect Jezza will walk it (the GE). May smells worse than Major as a leader not in control of her own venal or just plain stupid clowns. Thy will flock to Boris if he decides he can win (in his own party). And there it will be - Jezza vs Boris. Pass me the strychnine.

When labour last lost, the joke comment one wag left on the way out the door was along the lines of 'there is no money - best of luck'. When the tories go, back to the elephant in our room - Brexit, the comment will be 'we have no ****ing idea how to square this circle of shit - good luck'.

As noted previously (etc). Where is the actual ****ing leadership and vision in the political milieu now, FFS? Perhaps UK's 'Trump' will step up to the plate. Who? David Icke? Farrage? Jonjo Shelvey? Alan Titchmarsh? Bear Grills? Giant Haystacks? Come on Britain - someone flop out your bollocks!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I used to like Boris, but have no time for him at all now.

He campaigned for Brexit and won the battle with some rather dubious claims. His boss resigned and he didn't have the guts to stand for the leadership because of Gove.

Since then he seems to have spent most of his time complaining about the Brexit negotiations without wanting to take any responsibility. Criticising a boss who, although highly flawed in her judgement, at least had the balls to stand for the leadership.

His performance as foreign secretary has been lousy (yes this could be May's fault but she had to give him something). His latest balls up is unforgivable.

He's an insincere, gutless, self centred clown. Get rid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe there could be another scenario - what if Corbyn actually won? How long would he remain PM I wonder. In 1981 moderate Andrew Mckintosh lead Labour to victory in the 1981 Greater London Council elections. However, within 24 hours he was deposed and replaced with Ken Livingstone. Could that happen again as John McDonnell was a close ally to Ken and was the finance chair following the Livingstone coup! Could that happen again with Corbyn sidelined and being replaced by perhaps Mcdonnell giving the UK a Marxist PM? Is that the Momentum's plan? Far fetched maybe but then strange things are happening in politics these days look at Trump winning!!!!!

Corbyn won the leadership with about 70% of the vote. He's probably the safest political leader in the western world - he'll step down when he wants to.

The GLC situation was completely different, it just needed a dozen or so people to effect a coup, replacing Jezza would require a couple of hundred thousand.

There's no way that a GE would be between Corbyn and Johnson. Bojo is loathed by the vast majority of Tory MPs, he'd never make it to the ballot.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Made me laugh. I know why you would rather see a small pool of vomit in charge at number ten rather than 'friend of the IRA' Jezza, and given your context, can't argue. My main concern is his lack of judgment and lack of leadership skills. Regarding the latter, he seems to be doing a good job within his own party (ruthless control of discipline is necessary and, with 'momentum', he can manage). Regarding the former, I would prefer to see him lead us away from hard Brexit, but it seems he is going to follow May and accept (and thus lead on, if elected PM) Brexit. So far so dull...

Which takes us back to his original sin (doing a Priti Patel with the IRA after Brighton, and sharing a platform with Islamic apologists and even spokespersons for Hizbollah and related on a repeated basis, yet eschwing any invitation to consort with Israelis). Yes, I agree with you. You only have to do such things once to show total lack of judgment. Which is partly why I was urging for a labour wipe out at the recent GE, in the hope this would dislodge Corbyn. Only to see his polls surge a few hours later (spooky, that).....:facepalm:

So it looks like Boris vs Corbyn. Despite being a labour supporter for most of my life, with oscillating degrees of enthusiasm, and despite having a sort of tribal or emotional affinity to the party of the people, and indeed despite having a viceral loathing of the blond boufanted adulterer.....really, after all, surely not Corbyn as PM? He will be like a rabbit in the car headlights. The government can't wait for the annual politburo people's conference to make decisions, and so it needs to have a good instinct about what decision to make, and the vim to make the decision. He will probably get in, but come the first crisis it will all be 'I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do' I suspect. A sort of antichrist version of Batman, where the uncaped crusader weeps into his Chai, while the leather patches on his elbows slowly rub thin on the arms of his chair, as he flails in the agony of indecision.

Let's face it. We are ****ed.
Yep :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If labour wins it will be down to Jezza. I can't see momentum replacing him, let alone with eee bah gum sparehead three.

For what it is worth I suspect Jezza will walk it (the GE). May smells worse than Major as a leader not in control of her own venal or just plain stupid clowns. Thy will flock to Boris if he decides he can win (in his own party). And there it will be - Jezza vs Boris. Pass me the strychnine.

When labour last lost, the joke comment one wag left on the way out the door was along the lines of 'there is no money - best of luck'. When the tories go, back to the elephant in our room - Brexit, the comment will be 'we have no ****ing idea how to square this circle of shit - good luck'.

As noted previously (etc). Where is the actual ****ing leadership and vision in the political milieu now, FFS? Perhaps UK's 'Trump' will step up to the plate. Who? David Icke? Farrage? Jonjo Shelvey? Alan Titchmarsh? Bear Grills? Giant Haystacks? Come on Britain - someone flop out your bollocks!

Giant Haystacks died some 20 years ago.......... so he's probably the best candidate.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm being sympathetic and actually sharing someone's grief, and all you can do is take the p!ss............
I wouldnt have done it on the thread in question , and posting '' I think I know which post you mean...........'' is hardly sharing someones grief now is it ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wouldnt have done it on the thread in question , and posting '' I think I know which post you mean...........'' is hardly sharing someones grief now is it ?

I was trying to show some understanding......... I had responded to said thread too.

But fair enough and it's in the past.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Hi Alf, how unusually caring of you to ask, how's those Pipes of Peace ?
Whilst genuinely hoping your situation does improve, i was asking as you come across as very very bitter and lashing out at anything you see, i was enquiring whether you were taking active steps to improve your situation or just blaming everybody else, whilst this may come across as harsh , i dont mean it to be :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was trying to show some understanding......... I had responded to said thread too.

fair enough David, whilst we see eye to eye on virtually nothing , i genuinely dont doubt youre a nice bloke:thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

fair enough David, whilst we see eye to eye on virtually nothing , i genuinely dont doubt youre a nice bloke:thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Nah!! You're just lucky I'm in a good mood...........

.......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Sorry but you don't seem to be able to follow reason. I'm out.

I appreciate your apology, however the REASON this woman is in jail is because she has British citizenship and went to Iran. Iran is not a stable fair country, it is pernicious and suspicious of the West, the UK/US in particular.

She is in prison despite Boris not because of him.

There are plenty of matters where it is reasonable to criticise Johnson, however those attacking him for this situation have lost the plot. She will only be released once the Iranians have got something in return. Nobody knows what that is, but it is evidently more than we want to concede, because otherwise she would be free.

If you think that is unreasonable you need help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here