Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking Saturday

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
slightly off topic but similar tight time-frames for us - does anyone who's been before think that we should be able to get from the ground to the train station for a 5.29 train on foot?

I'm in the same boat bud - and may have to run-walk some of it. But it's amazing how
motivating the thought of having to land out £100 quid on a new ticket can (and will) be :)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
slightly off topic but similar tight time-frames for us - does anyone who's been before think that we should be able to get from the ground to the train station for a 5.29 train on foot?

Should be ok as long as you’re on your toes. It’s about a mile and a half. Took me about 30 mins when I walked back to the station after a gig there.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Should be ok as long as you’re on your toes. It’s about a mile and a half. Took me about 30 mins when I walked back to the station after a gig there.

Thanks. So leaving dead on final whistle and really pushing the pace we should be ok. Looks like one main road so makes it easier.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A word of warning - allow extra time for the hugely congested roads once you leave the M4:

IMG_2251.JPG

Then don't get fleeced by exorbitant parking charges.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
SEAGULLS TRAVEL
Just looked up the departure time. It's around 4 hours journey (coach not car), allow 1 hour stop so 5 hours. Allow another hour for hold up so a journey time of 6 hours max. Police advice arrive one hour before KO.
We leave Amex at 7:30 am. CRAZY TIME. 7.5 hours for a 3.5 hour journey!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Thanks. So leaving dead on final whistle and really pushing the pace we should be ok. Looks like one main road so makes it easier.

No worries. A brisk pace will comfortably do it. One bit of sage advice - if you Google map it and it gives you the option to shave a few mins off by what looks like walking under the railway nearish the station, DON'T!!! It's some alleyway that, although open, is pitch black and cobbled. Not pleasant. As has been said, stick to the Neath Road and the job's a good 'un.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last time I went to Swansea Away it took about seven hours. Hope that helps.

Oh joy, yes I feel so much better, thank you.

My mate suggested I don't go and give him my ticket, I rejected this on two counts, Mr Barber would have me publicly flogged and why wouldn't I want to see us get three very necessary points?

(*although I've gone for 0-0 in the score predictor)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyone know of any good parking places at The Liberty to ensure a quick getaway please? (It's the Wife's Birthday and she saw through my "Weekend away in a hotel in another country ruse" so I need to be back in Arundel for around 8.30 ish!)

One other, minor point, I forgot to mention is the Saturday after she returns from her epic trek I'm off to United away ..... I have to say even by my usual poor timing standards I haven't organised this very well!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
One other, minor point, I forgot to mention is the Saturday after she returns from her epic trek I'm off to United away ..... I have to say even by my usual poor timing standards I haven't organised this very well!

Re-arrange this well known saying Timbo to reveal your current predicament: 'shit, in, You're deep'.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I think you will find that this is clearly her fault. Fixtures have been out since June. How inconsiderate of her! This would be my tack, but I have been divorced twice so may not be the best person to take advice from...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve had a change of plan....suggested her indoors tags along, I can park in the hotel, she’ll have a day shopping, nice meal in the evening and then we’re staying overnight and a hopefully more leisurely drive back Sunday morning.

Jul 7, 2003
SEAGULLS TRAVEL
Just looked up the departure time. It's around 4 hours journey (coach not car), allow 1 hour stop so 5 hours. Allow another hour for hold up so a journey time of 6 hours max. Police advice arrive one hour before KO.
We leave Amex at 7:30 am. CRAZY TIME. 7.5 hours for a 3.5 hour journey!

Coaches are supposed to be limited to 60mph (fairly sure my coach back from Norwich was going faster though) so will always be much slower on a long run then a car driver who can drive at 80mph on the motorways. ST always plan to get to the ground early so you can have a look around, grab a pint or two but it also acts as a buffer in case of delays.

Long time since I went to Swansea by coach but remember that in days gone by they would hold the coaches outside the city and only let them in at a specific time.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think you will find that this is clearly her fault. Fixtures have been out since June. How inconsiderate of her! This would be my tack, but I have been divorced twice so may not be the best person to take advice from...

How right you are, I wonder if I can claim compensation?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I’ve had a change of plan....suggested her indoors tags along, I can park in the hotel, she’ll have a day shopping, nice meal in the evening and then we’re staying overnight and a hopefully more leisurely drive back Sunday morning.

This was my plan too, but to no avail, instead I've had to book a swanky Spa job for the Sun & Mon night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here