Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd Lukaku chant

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If the idea that all Dutch people were tall had been part of a package of stereoptypes that were used to subjugate and enslave the Dutch then, yes people would get offended.

The idea that black men have large penises is part of a whole branch of racism that sees black men as sub-human, animalistic and lust-driven and therefore a threat to white women - a threat that needed to be countered by enslavement and violent repression.

Arrant nonsense.

It is a scientific stereotype, we differ as races physiologically and at a fundamental level. I realise we are in an era where pointing this out might be deemed as oppressive somehow and denying science is the generally the thing to do.

I doubt this crowd were thinking about previous centuries or indeed about science, they could even argue that they were chanting it simply because..well.. he's a big lad. I would also be surprised if any offence was taken other than by modern liberals looking to be offended on someone elses behalf.

What gets me the most is time and manpower is being used on something as innocuous as this whilst skum of the earth were pointing and shouting all sorts of abhorrent and vicious homophobic abuse (such that I wouldn't even want to repeat on here) at us with children around at Leicester and nothing is done about it other than a couple of people avoiding FBOs because they paid £300 and went to some classes.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Exhibit A - Gulls Eye late 1980s cover referencing Keith Dublin in the shower

Page 1.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

In the 1980s, Hiney. And re a black player. This, to my knowledge, has never been applied to a white player, based on the colour of his skin.

I can't imagine Lukaku is sat there thinking "Yay, loads of white people think I have a huge cock" when he knows they're only singing it because he's black.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Arrant nonsense.

It is a scientific stereotype, we differ as races physiologically and at a fundamental level. I realise we are in an era where pointing this out might be deemed as oppressive somehow and denying science is the generally the thing to do.

I doubt this crowd were thinking about previous centuries or indeed about science, they could even argue that they were chanting it simply because..well.. he's a big lad. I would also be surprised if any offence was taken other than by modern liberals looking to be offended on someone elses behalf.

What gets me the most is time and manpower is being used on something as innocuous as this whilst skum of the earth were pointing and shouting all sorts of abhorrent and vicious homophobic abuse (such that I wouldn't even want to repeat on here) at us with children around at Leicester and nothing is done about it other than a couple of people avoiding FBOs because they paid £300 and went to some classes.

You need to read up on what science has to say about such things. I agree that we're in an era where pointing such things out are deemed as oppressive, but that's got nothing to do with the denial of science (as if science somehow had a monopoly on this question).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Abhorrent and vicious...???What if they combined the Lukaku chant with a homophobic one for us, now that would be painful...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Brilliant. You wouldn't get this from City Fans, I prefer city over united (as a manchester resident) but all City do is sing about Ji Sung Park eating dogs, and Bacary Sagna dropping a bomb on Jihadi John (because of the paris attack).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brilliant. You wouldn't get this from City Fans, I prefer city over united (as a manchester resident) but all City do is sing about Ji Sung Park eating dogs, and Bacary Sagna dropping a bomb on Jihadi John (because of the paris attack).

Wasn't it United's own chant about Park that included the line about eating dogs?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Funnily enough I really don't think the song's that bad and now they'll sing it every week like Spurs do with "being a y*d". What was painful was the excruciating casual racism in the Twitter defence offered by the Man U songs and chants group. They obviously know all about bell ends....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
A lot of David Brent style, "It's a compliment if anything" going on here.

I read an article some years ago with accounts from multiple black men with 'average' or 'below average' penises who have found that the proliferation of this inaccurate stereotype has made them extremely uncomfortable, anxious and self-conscious - especially when getting naked in front of someone for the first time.

I can't find the article but this brief video sums up nicely:

https://youtu.be/UDNbP2I4Pvc

As Marina Hyde says here, something that can be viewed as 'banter' can still be racist, and therefore incredibly harmful in perpetuating ignorance about the supposed 'differences' between people of various heritages, which are of course minimal in reality:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...united-racial-stereotyping-romelu-lukaku-song

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Of all of the things that are offensive to me in this world (millions homeless, starving, abused, enslaved) I am never failed to be amazed at how the Western word manages to find offense in something so bloody trivial. Literally millions of kids in the third world are sleeping alone on the streets and yet we as a population are getting our knickers in a twist about a stereotype of black guys having big dicks. Can we all just stop being so offended by everything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So what does the man Lukaku have to say about all this? Any reports? Only his view counts at the end of the day.

Outraged at the racism, or smug about the penis reference?

If it were me it would be the latter.

Albeit somewhat fraudulently.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of all of the things that are offensive to me in this world (millions homeless, starving, abused, enslaved) I am never failed to be amazed at how the Western word manages to find offense in something so bloody trivial. Literally millions of kids in the third world are sleeping alone on the streets and yet we as a population are getting our knickers in a twist about a stereotype of black guys having big dicks. Can we all just stop being so offended by everything.

Easier to resolve though isn't it? End world poverty versus end a football chant whilst still claiming to have made an enormous (but not very unmeasurable) contribution to advancing human society. Which would you pick as your pet project given the choice?! Btw I do totally agree with you. It's all become rather pathetic but then isn't that football in a nutshell. How else do you explain footballers now being sold for the same amount as a small nations entire GDP?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does that matter? Thousands of people chant things about Posh Spice which to my mind are far more personally offensive without once considering asking her about her opinion.

The latter would unquestionably offend her. But would Lukaku be bothered - is my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here