Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

el punal

Depends upon that final football payday shirley? Every player has one, some more lucrative than others.

At age 35, well worth one last short-term boost to the retirement fund I'd have thought, before the boy gets out of football and falls back on his impressive academic qualifications.

And/or comes back to the Albion where he'll be worshipped - obviously - as a GOD :bowdown:

Absolutely! He has my full blessing to start his Calde's Curry Canteen in the West Upper on match days, a special hot and spicy dish, like himself, on special offer. :bowdown:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wow bit strong that. I'm just more interested in the the present and future players who will carry us forward. What do I have to be grateful to Calderon for?

Just for being HIM :blush:

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Bizarre for grown men to be so infatuated with a footballer if you ask me but each to their own I suppose

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyway, what's the standard of football like over there. Anyone play nice TIKKA-taka? Is it fairly civilised or are some people just up for a bit of argy-BHAJI?

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
What am I ungrateful about. Must be missing something. Just realised that Hans Kray is a moderator - strange that he came across with such an aggressive response to my first post.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bizarre for grown men to be so infatuated with a footballer if you ask me but each to their own I suppose

Because 99% of footballers never form anything other than a superficial playing relationship with supporters - but Calde crossed that divide and really connected with a great majority of us. Wholehearted footballer, intelligent, articulate in his second language and a brilliant bloke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What am I ungrateful about. Must be missing something. Just realised that Hans Kray is a moderator - strange that he came across with such an aggressive response to my first post.

This will help you get to your destination

shovel.jpg

Alternatively you could just shut up. :shrug:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wow bit strong that. I'm just more interested in the the present and future players who will carry us forward. What do I have to be grateful to Calderon for?

Because he was and is, part of Albions history.
So a lot of respect should be given, whether he's here or not.:thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Chennaiyin FC - managed by John Gregory and co-owned by MS Dhoni. You learn something everyday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chennaiyin_FC

The Indian Super League is an up and coming commodity, not akin to the Chinese football scene, in enticing pros from other leagues.
My mate has just come back from working with the Indian FA, as a coach and told us of good things happening there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here