Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Friendly in Europe News?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
What's not to like? A game of football an hour from Barcelona (even closer if you take Ryanair to Girona) and an hour from the Salvador Dali museum and beaches and restaurants galore in easy striking distance. It's a bugger I am driving back to England on that day :down:

Looks like JET2 also fly to Girona out of Stansted

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Not the simplest of trips to plan given how remote Palamos and that area seems - we're going to make a long weekend and a bit of it.

Fly out to Barcelona from Gatwick - spend 3 nights there, head up to the game on the direct bus (2 hours) and then spend the night in Palamos.

Come back down to Barcelona the next morn and fly back out that afternoon/evening.

£300 all in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Probably not now, I was hoping for something we could get to on the boat/train.

Feel a bit short changed as with Le Harve that time we played an established side but then the venue was switched to a one stand sports stadium with less facilities than Withdean. (Having said that it was a cracking weekend)

I want to go but looks like this may take some planning after reading some of the posts above.

Jul 7, 2003
Expensive accommodation-wise too, as it's the first of August - high season!

Stay with the Northern bucket & spade brigade in Lloret de Mar and hire a car for the day to get to the match. Plenty of cheap low quality accommodation in Floret for sure and you can have a full English breakfast while watching Only Fools & Horses reruns:facepalm:

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I will be going!
Live in Barcelona so it's a short drive after work for me!
Can't wait, I've watched a few Girona games over the last couple of seasons and they've just signed the Basque keeper Irzaioz [sp?]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I will be going!
Can't wait, I've watched a few Girona games over the last couple of seasons and they've just signed the Basque keeper Irzaioz [sp?]

How far is Palamos from Barcelona, and do you know any details of the bus from Barcelona to Palamos?
I hate driving and have never driven overseas.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Bit of a let down, not a great Spanish team, and seems like several hours away from Barcelona by train, Will save the money for our cup runs this season.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I will be going!

I'm going with my Dad. No idea if we should stay in Barcelona, Girona or Palamos? Where to fly to? How easy it would be to get to the stadium from either place. Help please! Thanks

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
I'm going with my Dad. No idea if we should stay in Barcelona, Girona or Palamos? Where to fly to? How easy it would be to get to the stadium from either place. Help please! Thanks

Seeing as you registered close to 4 years ago on here I trust you have some IT literacy. Can I perhaps suggest the following websites... ryanair.com; booking.com and google maps. :facepalm:

Seeing as you registered close to 4 years ago on here I trust you have some IT literacy. Can I perhaps suggest the following websites... ryanair.com; booking.com and google maps. :facepalm:

Come on, you can apply that logic to any question on here, some just like the banter that comes with it, being amongst (mostly) helpful Albion fans or taking comfort in the knowledge that the question is answered by "one of our own"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here