Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
However, the poll that estimated a hung parliament used a completely different methodology, one that YouGov hadn't used before. It's called MRP and hasn't been used before in UK elections. YouGov pollsters are either going to be seen as geniuses or complete idiots on this (although at least one rival polling company say that YouGov's method is the future but may need to be refined.

the thing with new polling methods is you have to use them a few times to be able to refine them, compare them to outcomes and adjust their assumptions and maths. only reliable poll is on voting day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As i predicted you still avoided the question.You will avoid it again in your next response even though it was set out in easy to read English. You are too predictable
Its interesting isnt it , Jeremy Corbyn if elected, along with the same thinking as May and UKIP will end free movement and leave being members of the single market.

He, along with May knew this is what was voted for, they will represent the vast majority of voters and population. Its interesting to see you say they are all clueless and lying over what was voted for.

Your minority viewpoint is a shrinking minority view.

You're the worst type of ignoramus. One who refuses to learn.

Again, I still don't see a question.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I've cut your quote down to the bit I'm responding to, since the rest followed on.

The "don't do their religion" comment is patently untrue. Here's an article on Sadiq Khan by Toby Young doing just that

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/...tention-to-sadiq-khans-links-with-extremists/

In fact the London Mayoral election seemed to bring up religion every five minutes. If you read the article you'll see Young trying to defend Goldsmith's attacks on Khan's "extremism" and some equally unpleasant stuff from Owen Jones.

If Kahn's involvement with the MCB is fair game then so is Adams' involvement with a a group of people who think you can get better by praying to an enormous sky fairy.

The fact that someone called "pastafarian" hasn't grasped that my post was satirising faith healers is incredible. I'll be dining at the top table at the Irony club dinner tonight.

I saw you cut my quote down to avoid reference to muslims yes.

Lets start again, there is no need to bring a candidates religious belief into voting discussions. Its not wanted over here and we generally thankfully dont do it.

Your argument is apparently......along with irony according to you

"If Kahn's involvement with the MCB is fair game then so is Adams' involvement with a a group of people who think you can get better by praying to an enormous sky fairy."

Do you not see how utterly stupid this group think is......oh ok one religion was attacked.......lets attack theirs, tit for tat its only fair
leave religion out of political debates.......we are not USA

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Here is the thing, and you are sensible enough to understand this.
Im no fan of religion but…………….
When it comes to political debate in this country we don’t do abortion and we don’t do the religious beliefs of candidates. We do after all have freedom to practice your preferred religion.
If Labour really want to attack a Tory Christian on her religion(yes its potty) and open this can of worms for future barracking then be prepared for a whole avalanche of unwanted crud coming the way of the voter full blast in the face.

Shall we start it off. Lets criticise muslim candidates as well just to be equal . Personal prayers (du'a) will lead to purification and the healing mercy of Allah. You can transfer this healing power through prayer onto someone who is ill.
Bloody mentaltons same as the evangelists.

Lets harang them all Christians and muslims and let them know their religious beliefs are mental…………all together now, lets chant and sing…………………………………………………………………………………..hello……hello…….where did everyone go?.......come back comrades……….why are you hiding?

This particular Christian church believes homosexuality is a curse from Satan that can be cured.

That belief doesn't belong in modern Britain and will never really go down well in B&H.
You can dress it up all you like with your predictions about where it will lead but the fact is it's an abhorrent stance beyond religious debate.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Here is the thing, and you are sensible enough to understand this.
Im no fan of religion but…………….
When it comes to political debate in this country we don’t do abortion and we don’t do the religious beliefs of candidates. We do after all have freedom to practice your preferred religion.
If Labour really want to attack a Tory Christian on her religion(yes its potty) and open this can of worms for future barracking then be prepared for a whole avalanche of unwanted crud coming the way of the voter full blast in the face.

Shall we start it off. Lets criticise muslim candidates as well just to be equal . Personal prayers (du'a) will lead to purification and the healing mercy of Allah. You can transfer this healing power through prayer onto someone who is ill.
Bloody mentaltons same as the evangelists.

Lets harang them all Christians and muslims and let them know their religious beliefs are mental…………all together now, lets chant and sing…………………………………………………………………………………..hello……hello…….where did everyone go?.......come back comrades……….why are you hiding?

Of course we 'do religion' with regards candidates. It indicates how they might vote on certain legislation - gay marriage for example. I'm a strong supporter of gay rights so I'm hardly going to want to vote for someone that thinks being gay can be cured or is a sin.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
NSC always makes me smile when it comes to politics - I can't ever remember a political poll that the majority in NSC have got right.

Up The Revolution - ......... In The People's Republic of Hanover!

Are you a bit slow? Everyone on NSC has 'got it right'.

The poll question says 'Who will YOU vote for in the 2017 General Election?", not 'Who do you think will win the GE?".

It is really, really not that difficult to grasp.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You're the worst type of ignoramus. One who refuses to learn.

Again, I still don't see a question.

As i predicted you continue to avoid the question that was clearly asked of you.
I predict your next response will avoid the question again.....even though it was clearly laid out.

I feel sorry for people like you that cant understand how to see previous posts and see what is asked.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As i predicted you continue to avoid the question that was clearly asked of you.
I predict your next response will avoid the question again.....even though it was clearly laid out.

I feel sorry for people like you that cant understand how to see previous posts and see what is asked.

Indulge me, what was your question? It's all very well to say I'm avoiding this question but then to not repeat it when asked? You can hardly expect an answer. It's actually quite tricky to look back at your posts to find one specific question as your posts are always long winded and full of unnecessary insults and guff.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Of course we 'do religion' with regards candidates. It indicates how they might vote on certain legislation - gay marriage for example. I'm a strong supporter of gay rights so I'm hardly going to want to vote for someone that thinks being gay can be cured or is a sin.

What you are saying in essence is your beliefs on gay marriage or gay anything for that matter trump the right to have free religious belief.
i detest religion, but the law and the hyperbole surrounding rights to religious freedom are at odds with each other and hypocritical.

Give full religious freedom including the right to be against homosexuality or tell the truth that religious people are not free to worship as their holy book says.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What you are saying in essence is your beliefs on gay marriage or gay anything for that matter trump the right to have free religious belief.
i detest religion, but the law and the hyperbole surrounding rights to religious freedom are at odds with each other and hypocritical.

Give full religious freedom including the right to be against homosexuality or tell the truth that religious people are not free to worship as their holy book says.

What religious book says homosexuality can be cured by exorcism as it is a possession of a devil?

It's not in the Christian Bible.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Indulge me, what was your question? It's all very well to say I'm avoiding this question but then to not repeat it when asked? You can hardly expect an answer. It's actually quite tricky to look back at your posts to find one specific question as your posts are always long winded and full of unnecessary insults and guff.

it has been repeated to you numerous times, you have avoided numerous times
Go on, you quote posters all .the time from weeks before, im sure you can go back a couple of days and see the question........you cant be that stupid its beyond you given previous form can you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Go on, you quote posters all .the time from weeks before, im sure you can go back a couple of days and see the question........you cant be that stupid its beyond you given previous form can you?

FFS, just ask him the ****ing question.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I saw you cut my quote down to avoid reference to muslims yes.

Lets start again, there is no need to bring a candidates religious belief into voting discussions. Its not wanted over here and we generally thankfully dont do it.

Your argument is apparently......along with irony according to you

"If Kahn's involvement with the MCB is fair game then so is Adams' involvement with a a group of people who think you can get better by praying to an enormous sky fairy."

Do you not see how utterly stupid this group think is......oh ok one religion was attacked.......lets attack theirs, tit for tat its only fair
leave religion out of political debates.......we are not USA

We're not the USA thank Christ - and they take it to another level. But I was merely responding to your assertion that Brits don't do religion as part of politics as absolute nonsense. The mainstream parties in Northern Ireland are all centered around religion, the Scottish Conservatives were once Unionists and only got the proddy vote, Khan v Goldsmith was fought out over allegations of what classifies an "extremist Muslim", Corbyn and Livingstone are rightly taken to task for their blatent anti-Semitism, Farron won't support gay marriage in parliament because he's religious. It's woven in to the fabric.

Kristy Adams knew her past would come out as soon as she put herself in the public eye. The sad thing is she seems unable or unwilling to say even what you're saying, let's leave it out and debate the issues. Like May she's virtually disappeared, even [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] has noticed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What religious book says homosexuality can be cured by exorcism as it is a possession of a devil?

It's not in the Christian Bible.

you are confusing written religion with religious practice and beliefs as preached by interpretation.

Are you saying we should ban all religious beliefs?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I can't recall a time I have gone back weeks to quote anyone. I'd be intrigued and surprised if you could find an example of that by me. I believe you're the one with the reputation for doing exactly that.

Fine, if you don't want to repeat the question so you can keep on accusing me of avoiding it but you won't get an answer and I'm not reading backnghrough your crap to find whatever it was you asked.

If it's the question about my feelings on those core areas, I didn't vote leave. I was happy with how they were. I'm pretty sure I answered that one yesterday. Not answering it to your liking is not the same as avoiding it.

If it's a different question I don't remember it and you'll have to repeat it.

If it's neither, stop your gassing. You sound like a petulant schoolgirl begging her parents for sweets.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Okay, I accept your opinion on all that, but why reduce corporation tax with the debt where it is and still running a deficit? Why make such severe cuts to our services, but still cut corporation tax further? What message is that sending? David Davis last said we should be proud and positive of what Britain can achieve after Brexit, but are we that concerned, or lacking in confidence that we will loose investment if we don't have a bargain basement level of Corporation Tax? The wealth generators generate wealth because of our hard working society. No point being a multimillionaire if there is no one to clean and fix your car, maintain your home, empty your bins. Wealth is worthless without everyone else and it is only created through everyone else.

It is a real lack of confidence of our economy that you can argue that the only attraction to business in this country is to have a corporation tax lower than everyone else. The loss projections you speak of are based on lost investment. Labour are not talking about raising it to unprecedented levels, to higher levels than other countries, or even higher than we had it 5 years or so ago, this is about edging it up to levels that still keep us behind US, France, Germany, Belgium, Japan, Italy, Canada. I think it is a falsehood, a project fear scenario that we suddenly lose revenue and businesses start to falter because we edge up corporation tax.

If you really want to talk about sinister, just take a look at the electoral commissions data on party donations and where they are coming from in terms of the political argument for reducing coporation tax.

The issues you raise are valid, including Brexit, but have nothing to do with corporation tax. Business is the wheels and the oil of the economy, it drives growth, in which the majority of us rely to earn a salary and pay our mortgage and energy providers and spend our salaries at the Amex! and in shops and pay VAT on goods and services. To suggest nudging it up to be nearer X country is fine, but that is an ideological position, what is the economics of doing it? if it can be conclusively proven that wider effect of doing so would bring in more revenue to the treasury to pay for social programmes, great lets do it..... except it doesnt do that. Where leading economists suggest raising it by 7p will lose money, then the half of Labours sums dont add up and are not only wiped out, they policy will likely lose money, which makes no sense except unless if based on ideology.

I couldnt give a crap what the corporation tax rate is, but it should be set so as to maximise the revenue into the treasury whilst also keeping the wheel turning which drives a myriad of secondary spending with associated taxes like VAT. I read one senior economist in the economist clearly laying out that reducing it to 17p would bring in more than increasing it to 26p.

The right rate is the rate that brings in maximum tax receipts whilst not choking off growth and spending which in turn drive numerous secondary tax receipts. Its not based on what someone else does and its full implications must be clearly thought through. This one policy alone, if implemented, I maintain will do substantial damage to businesses (many of whom are small businesses and people) and within months we will fall into recession. Then what?, cancel the promises for Police, NHS or tuition fees or borrow the 25 billion shortfall of this policy per year? Thats not fear mongering, its the result of an ideological policy that makes no economic sense. Lower tax is not about helping the rich, it helps the economy as a whole. Better to sell 100 of something at £19 than 50 of something at £26. feel free to bump this if Corbyn wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here