Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Does anyone remember one of their play-off final defeats. They were 2-0 up v Bolton, then missed a penalty and ended up losing 4-3.
They are jinxed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going to quote [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] here from another post because I agree with him and also know die-hard, life-long Reading fans who were there when they had 5,000 at Elm Park. They're all good blokes, very similar outlooks on football as a lot of people on here and have suffered from their club being passed from owner to owner like some perverse version of pass the parcel. But they support their local club, a fair few are also England regulars and I'm proud to call them mates.

All the Reading fans I know supported them at Elm Park when they were the Biscuitmen and most hate the Royals nickname and the whole soulless Madejski experience.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For almost a third of the past decade they've been in the Premier League

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't feel sorry for them in any way, and they have had enough chances in the Prem, but I can imagine what it would like if it happened to us. The playoffs really make it a long hard slog of a season and you want something for playing until almost June. Teams definately pay the price for not finishing in the top 2 mid April.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hate those plastic dicks from Reading. Delighted to see them suffer

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm going to quote [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] here from another post because I agree with him and also know die-hard, life-long Reading fans who were there when they had 5,000 at Elm Park. They're all good blokes, very similar outlooks on football as a lot of people on here and have suffered from their club being passed from owner to owner like some perverse version of pass the parcel. But they support their local club, a fair few are also England regulars and I'm proud to call them mates.

Just to clarify, Reading also attract more than their fair share of plastics, for whom I have very little sympathy.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is it even possible to ever tire of watching that ???? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This chap makes that video extra special.

7Nzn7BmP.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, they thought they were in the playoffs. Quite different from us at the Wigan match where we knew we were beyond all reasonable doubt promoted.

Nope, won't convince me it was any different, and I was dancing about like an idiot on the pitch that day, just like them Reading lot before Ulloa scored at Forest.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nope, won't convince me it was any different, and I was dancing about like an idiot on the pitch that day, just like them Reading lot before Ulloa scored at Forest.

Margins between reading being in the playoffs and not was 1 goal, margin between us this season after the wigan game was 30+ goals, quite obvious to see the difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here