Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Sky got it wrong?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
But their deal is for a contracted number of football league games. Theyve already used up that number when you include the 2 last day fixtures

You're probably right.
But that's not the point I was responding to.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Huddersfield don't play until 5pm on Easter Monday. By the time we finish the Wigan game, Huddersfield will still have 5 games to go, will we be 15 points ahead by then? I doubt it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Huddersfield don't play until 5pm on Easter Monday. By the time we finish the Wigan game, Huddersfield will still have 5 games to go, will we be 15 points ahead by then? I doubt it.

They have Norwich, Forest and Preston, in between now and then.

It's a bit of a shame they have managerless basketcase Norwich to play next.
Were those 3 fixtures reversed I'd be thinking it was possible, but they'll get back on track, on Wednesday.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For promotion to be decided at the Wigan game wouldn't we have to be 16 points ahead of Huddersfield after our match?

True, but Huddersfeild need to win all their games. 95 is the magic number right now (their maximum). Drop those 5 points in 4 hard games whilst we can afford to drop 2 (away QPR).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Not just that - we'd also need to be more than 12 points ahead of both Leeds and Reading.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Huddersfield have 3 games between our game at Norwich and our game against Bristol City.

Has to be a reasonable chance that we could be promoted when we're not even playing. I'd take it but it's not exactly how you imagine it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not just that - we'd also need to be more than 12 points ahead of both Leeds and Reading.

Leeds shouldn't be a problem, but Reading's makes the Albion's look difficult.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Leeds & Reading both play at the same time as us on Easter Monday.

We'd only need to be 9 points ahead of them (assuming massive GD advantage).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds & Reading both play at the same time as us on Easter Monday.

We'd only need to be 9 points ahead of them (assuming massive GD advantage).

10 points then.

The goal difference, great though it is, doesn't actually 'count' until the season ends - being say 3pts and TWENTY goals better off with one game to play, is still not ACTUALLY confirmed. When I celebrate, I want it statistically DONE.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You're right we'll be 18 and promoted at Wolves. Huddersfield will implode losing 3. Leeds and Reading to lose 1 game each out of the next 3.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've said most of the season we'll be promoted at home to Wigan, where the Amex will see its first pitch invasion......I still stands by that, home to Wigan..mark my words.

It had also better be the first pitch invasion in history where people take off their shoes first, or I'm taking names.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
It is a stretch for us to go up on Easter Monday and if it does happen it would most likely be while we are all hanging round on the concourses at the end of the Derby/Huddersfield game. Could be marvelous scenes if the players also hang around and go back out onto the pitch!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The last promotion we had 5years ago we strolled the league , with 5 games to go
JCL! ;) You know nothing about this club if you thing that's the norm!! ;)

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
I'd love it to be the Wigan game that we go up. Its my son's 14th birthday that day, and Blackburn was his first game after major surgery in January. Until this season he'd not missed a game at The Amex. Would be a cracking way to round off a shite few months for the lad!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here