Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England v Australia Rugby International

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Another Autumn international this afternoon..but surprised at the odds even allowing for the recent record between the two sides
England 2/5
Australia 5/2

Considering the conditions might have a punt on the away team :moo:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I practically died of boredom during the game against Argentina the other week, so hopefully this will be more watchable.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Another Autumn international this afternoon..but surprised at the odds even allowing for the recent record between the two sides
England 2/5
Australia 5/2

Considering the conditions might have a punt on the away team :moo:
England supporters always blindly lump on their team, driving the price too short. Rarely get value backing England. As you say, plenty of value on Australia, they are on good form, and England were turgid last week. Don't think I could ever bring myself to get on the Ozzies though !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I practically died of boredom during the game against Argentina the other week, so hopefully this will be more watchable.

In fairness it was the first game of the season and Argentina are not the force they were. Having said that England vs Australia games are seldom dull and I believe Australia have had a resurgence? Looking forward to it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I'm not sure that's possible unless you're watching a different sport.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All contentious decisions have been favourable to England

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Beach Hut

Not the first bad call by the ref that meant 3 points not 7.

The Hooper try was offside and the last try was obstruction, not contentious at all.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wow what a great game. Top class International rugby is streets ahead of it’s football equivalent as a spectacle imo.

If it wasn’t Australia I’d have felt sorry for them. It all went England’s way but our strength in depth normally tells in the last 20. Before that Australia were the better team.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nah. That game was great, but they're obviously not all like that.

You don’t watch much top class stuff between France, Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales, Ireland and South Africa I take it? They are nearly always thrilling like that.

What was the last really thrilling top class International game of football? Genuine question, maybe I watch too many England games :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don’t watch much top class stuff between France, Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales, Ireland and South Africa I take it?
Fair enough, I don't watch a lot (watch some).

What was the last really thrilling top class International game of football?
Well I haven't watched many international games without England except for the tournaments, so that's the last Euros. Can't even remember them now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Beach Hut

Not the first bad call by the ref that meant 3 points not 7.

The Hooper try was offside and the last try was obstruction, not contentious at all.

Spot on. The officials, as almost always with Rugby were correct. People need to understand the rules. Offside and Obstruction are very clear, and when referrred will ALWAYS be called.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Wow what a great game. Top class International rugby is streets ahead of it’s football equivalent as a spectacle imo.

If it wasn’t Australia I’d have felt sorry for them. It all went England’s way but our strength in depth normally tells in the last 20. Before that Australia were the better team.

Totally agree, enthralling from the first minute to the last, as England Internationals usually are. I can't remember the last England football match I genuinely enjoyed watching

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All being shown on BBC2 now.

Australia's first disallowed try, the 'scorer' was miles offside. Not even debated.

Hooper's yellow card for twice being offside to prevent England in great positions. All spotted by the BBC team before the ref dealt with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here