Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Them up the road

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Let's see where we both are 10 games from now....

That's what I believe.
We're now starting a run of games where we need to pick up regular points. Hodgson has got us well organised, and I feel we will go on a little run of wins in these games.
If, after these games, we are still bottom, I will hold my hands up and admit defeat.
Two important months, with lots of six pointers.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8191290 said:
Sadly they looked pretty decent against Spurs today :(

It don’t matter how good they look they need to get points on the board playing well and losing won’t help em a jot don’t forget they lost and drew with some fairly rank average teams including West Ham and Swansea

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's what I believe.
We're now starting a run of games where we need to pick up regular points. Hodgson has got us well organised, and I feel we will go on a little run of wins in these games.
If, after these games, we are still bottom, I will hold my hands up and admit defeat.

Genuine questions here. Are you embarrassed so far? Do you think you can stay up? Do you like your owner (I mean the blondy)?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Genuine questions here. Are you embarrassed so far? Do you think you can stay up? Do you like your owner (I mean the blondy)?

Deeply embarrassed.
After the next run of games, I'll let you know.
What relevance is that ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's what I believe.

I watched the Spurs v Palace game and you are playing better than at the beginning of the season without a doubt especially at the back and I reckon a big part of that is having Speroni in goal rather than Hennessey. He gives the defenders confidence whereas Hennessey seems to create panic. If you're going to start winning games though, you need to start scoring goals and I know I'm saying this with my Albion goggles on but your makeshift strikers just look out of their depth. You're going to need Cabaye, Townsend and Zaha to start chipping in big time.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I watched the Spurs v Palace game and you are playing better than at the beginning of the season without a doubt especially at the back and I reckon a big part of that is having Speroni in goal rather than Hennessey. He gives the defenders confidence whereas Hennessey seems to create panic. If you're going to start winning games though, you need to start scoring goals and I know I'm saying this with my Albion goggles on but your makeshift strikers just look out of their depth. You're going to need Cabaye, Townsend and Zaha to start chipping in big time.

Benteke' back next game, and he needs to hit the ground running.
We're creating chances every game, even under FDB, we need to start putting them away .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We're creating chances every game, even under FDB, we need to start putting them away .

Was it the correct decision to dump FdB?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That's what I believe.

If we average a point a game from the next 10, you'll need to average 2.2 per game (something of a turn around) just to get ahead one point ahead of us. Possible, but I'll take your money of you fancy a bet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think they will stay up, They have decent players and now a manager that can get them organised.

Both teams will end up close together in the league. I am excited that we're in with a good chance to finish above them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's what I believe.

As much as I like to get heavily stuck into the piss-taking about you lot, there's still a hell of a lot of football to be played, obviously, and any damage done in 11 games can be more than undone in the 27 that follow.

You may be as short as 1/2 to go down, but that price could lengthen quickly if you turn what have been decent enough performances into positive results and Benteke, being fed by Zaha, could help with that a lot.

The fact is you've been to four of the top six away whereas we've only had to do that once so far. You don't have to play another top 6 side until December 28th and before then we have to go to Manchester United, Spurs, Chelsea and host Liverpool. You really shouldn't be 11 points adrift of us by the time you face Arsenal.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If we average a point a game from the next 10, you'll need to average 2.2 per game (something of a turn around) just to get ahead one point ahead of us. Possible, but I'll take your money of you fancy a bet.

I bet you would !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to Experimental361, so far this season them up the road have been:-

Winning 5.5% Drawing 39.6% Losing 54.8%

Unsurprisingly we are:-

25.4% - 49.3% - 25.4%

How very Hughton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

But you weren't scoring with Benteke in the side before he got injured. Genuine question - If you were creating chances under both FdB and Hodgson then what do you think will be different when Benteke comes back that he will start converting the chances?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here